RPI3 - Libreelec 8 keeps on crashing - needs hard reset!

• Hi there,

I have been run Libreelec 7.91 Alpha Builds, Beta Builds and now the final releases (8.00, 8.01 and 8.02). My Pi3 runs almost 24/7, however unfortunately since 7.95 Beta 2 i keep getting some crashes. I thought it was a hardware problem and did not report it, however i have been installing this builds on my brothers rpis (rpi2 and another rpi3) with minimal addons (inputstream, skygo addon, amazon addon) and they have the same issues, so i want to report this to get fixed.

The problem comes about 3-4 times a week (so not really reproduceable) and i still get a black screen when I turnon the tv. I can't no longer connect via app and need to hard reset the PI (cut power and reboot). This fixes the issue, however its not really good, since I run a tvheadend server on it and missed a few shows because of it...

Latest crashlog attached - I'm happy to provide more.

Is there anything I need to delete from the logs (some privat cache data or passwords?)?

Thank you,

Linkin

• Did I do anything wrong, because a few people downloaded the log but there are no pinpointers or other log requests.

Just to make sure: not ALL crashes get Debug logs, so it might be different mistakes! How can I help to get this fixed?

Btw: just to make sure: I am not using any illegal addons, just the ones from libreelec repo and kodinerds repo + Sandmans Amazon Addon (legal!) from here:

[Release] Amazon Prime Instant Video - Addon releases - Kodinerds.net - Deutschsprachiges Forum zum Kodi Entertainment Center

So please help :)

• Official Post

From my personal point of view:

Even minimal addons can produce problems in the end. The fact that those problems occur "only" every 3-4 times a week says to me that those add-ons you installed are still not 100% blast proof. This, comparing with my own RPi, which is running longer, yet not with your addons but with different addons.

So... One option is to do a fresh setup, and install the addons one at a time, and see if they cause problems. If not, install the next addon. And so on.

• Thanks Klojum. I installed my brother a fresh build with only TVHeadend, Amazon and Skygo and it has the same issues. Is there another way to debug this other than manually install one addon at a time? Since this only happens a few times this might take a while an my wife will be "unhappy" not to have the Rpi playing her stuff :)

Is there anything useful in the crash log?

• Official Post

Is there another way to debug this other than manually install one addon at a time?

Unless someone has a better idea, no. The RPi build is one of the most stable (if not the most stable) build of LibreELEC. And apparrently something on your box(es) is upsetting that balance. I'm not a developer myself so I cannot do much with the crashlog, but taking babysteps should find out where the weakest link is.

• Ok than I will wait for a Developer and if there is no other way, I will buy a second pi and try it this way...

My second brother has no TVHeadend installed on the rpi2 and he has the issues way less, so that would be my first start :)

• I'll try another way around: I will disable tvheadend server, client and webgrab and will see if thix fixes the issue :)

I'll keep you posted

edit: seems to work: deactivating tvHeadend (Server + Client) and Webgrab stopped the Rpi from crashing ... I just reactivated TVHeadend Server and will continue investigating :)

Edited once, last by Linkinsoldier (June 14, 2017 at 11:22 AM).

• It looks like its webgrab... i reactivated everything but webgrab and its been running ever since...

I will keep running it for a while longer and will contact the developer then :)

• Well - I reenabled all addons - AND its working still... I keep you posted :(

Only change that I did: i stopped using a network drive and switched to a local USB Drive... can this be connected?