LibreElec 8.0.1: Can no longer access BIOS

• Hi All,

I downloaded LibreElec 8.0.1 (generic AMD/Intel) and created a bootable USB disk. I successfully installed it on my Shuttle XS35GT-V2 (Intel Atom D525). Everything works great.

Today I got the warning to upgrade to pickup the latest security patches. So I downloaded the 8.0.2 image and wrote it to the same USB using the same USB creator. Unfortunately, I cannot get the PC to boot from the USB. I left the BIOS set to boot from the USB first, but I only ever get a black screen. I can remove the USB and reboot into Kodi fine. The oddest part though, is that even with the USB stick removed, I don't see the post screen anymore and cannot get back into the BIOS. I've tried multiple reboots while mashing the delete key and it just boots into Kodi....

I'm sure the problem is with the shuttle, as I can boot the USB on my linux mint desktop and can even run the libreelec from the USB stick. Any ideas? I've been reading some posts regarding 32bit EFI on 64bit systems causing problems, however those seem to be issues with the actual stick and not getting into the BIOS on the target machine...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

• Official Post

Accessing the PC's BIOS is not really related to LibreELEC, but updating your 8.0.1 will not require another USB installation. Updates can be installed via the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. If you have the auto-updater enabled, you should receive the update message automatically. Or, hit the update button and have LibreELEC update itself.

• Accessing the PC's BIOS is not really related to LibreELEC, but updating your 8.0.1 will not require another USB installation. Updates can be installed via the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. If you have the auto-updater enabled, you should receive the update message automatically. Or, hit the update button and have LibreELEC update itself.

Thanks.

Normally I would agree they're not related, but in this instance I had access to BIOS while running the previous OS and lost access to the BIOS after installing LibreELEC, so something happened from the time of install until now. The only thing I did after installing LibreELEC was to installl some Kodi addons.

I'll look for the LibreELEC settings addon, but would like to get my BIOS access back as well.

• Official Post

Accessing the BIOS is not related to the OS you will run on that machine. The Bios for your machine should be accessable by hitting the del button at startup. Try it, even you don't see the Post screen. You can also try to open up the boot-menu with F11 or F12 directly after start.

• Accessing the BIOS is not related to the OS you will run on that machine. The Bios for your machine should be accessable by hitting the del button at startup. Try it, even you don't see the Post screen. You can also try to open up the boot-menu with F11 or F12 directly after start.

Thanks, but I had already been trying delete.

I'm not completely sure what happened, but the LibreELEC upgrade seems to have reverted it to the way it was. I now see the boot screen and can get into the BIOS. Very strange.

Thank you all for your reponses.