HTPC sometimes enters UEFI BIOS (ASRock) instead of booting LibreELEC

• Hi,

when I power on my HTPC (ASRock H110TM-ITX R2.0 mainboard) it sometimes enters UEFI BIOS instead of booting LibreELEC. I don't use a keyboard - only a remote. For shutting down LibreELEC I always use the shutdown menu. I don't know why it enters the UEFI BIOS sometimes but it is annoying. Any ideas how to find the reason? What can it be? There is no message before loading UEFI and no message when entering UEFI.

Thanks

• Most likely a motherboard/BIOS issue. Check for BIOS update (always some small risk)

Second possibility is maybe dying storage device or bad storage device connection.

• Official Post

Are you sure "something" is not triggering <del> or <F2> (That is the BIOS activation on my Asrock Extreme) - your remote may be activating it or something else.

Check the BIOS, there may be a setting for error if no keyboard attached. Try attaching a keyboard and see if that helps.

It's certainly not an LE issue. You could ask Asrock, they seem to answer most questions.

• Most likely a motherboard/BIOS issue. Check for BIOS update (always some small risk)

Second possibility is maybe dying storage device or bad storage device connection.

Unfortunately there is no BIOS update available.

Devices are new and tested - no problem.

Are you sure "something" is not triggering <del> or <F2> (That is the BIOS activation on my Asrock Extreme) - your remote may be activating it or something else.

Check the BIOS, there may be a setting for error if no keyboard attached. Try attaching a keyboard and see if that helps.

It's certainly not an LE issue. You could ask Asrock, they seem to answer most questions.

The remote is not triggering BIOS activation. It enters BIOS without remote too.

I did not find any setting for "no keyboard attached" error and if so it should never start without a keyboard.

I know that it is not an LE issue, but I had the hope that someone had the same issue. I still wait for an answer from ASRock...

• Official Post

I'm confused as to what is happening. Try turning everything off - wifi, bluetooth, anything that communicates - it could be a neighbors remote, phone or something. If that fails it could be a motherboard issue.

Try reinstalling and see if that helps. If not a BIOS reset.

• I have heard of similar issue with Asrock Apollo Lake motherboards. Sometimes going to BIOS screen twice after a cold boot. I recall some reports on Kodi forums.

Intel Apollo Lake

I think it might just be bad hardware.