IR Odroid C2

• Hello,

I have an Odroid C2 and I have some issue when Kodi is piloted by my TV remote.

My tv don’t have the CEC protocol, so I try to use the onboard IR or a GPIO IR. But the problem is the same in the both cases.

I tested some Krypton releases (official, Wrxtasy, Raybuntu), but always the same situation.

With Lirc protocol, I need press almost two times to have effect in the GUI (I use the lirc.conf from my RP2 working on LE 17.1)

By the NEC ir-keytable protocol, I followed the step by step from HiassofT for the setup : WD TV Live remote.

Now some pressing are “remnanting”. For example : Up+Up+Left have effect Up+Up+Up+Left in the GUI.

Could someone help me to have good ir-keytable or Lirc usage with Odroid C2 and Kryton Kodi.

Meirick

Edited once, last by meirick (May 26, 2017 at 2:06 AM).

• hi,

I haven't seen the LE8.0.2 was realese yet. Thanks to the develloper for their quick work.

In the changelog, it's wirted "Lirc now supports a number of IR receivers that historically used in-kernel decoding. If you experience double button presses after updating lirc support can be disabled from the services tab in the settings add-on."

I hope it's resolved, I will test this week-end.

By

• Hi,

The problem is exactly the same, after a fresh install of LE8.02 on my Odroid C2. Neither Lirc, nor NEC protocol work properly.

I didn't test the gpio IR, but with the board IR no improvement.

Need some help, please.

By

• I don't think, there will be a fix in near future! It seems, it's too deep Odroid hardware/ Linux Kernel related.

You can try this meson-ir patch I provided here. For me with LE 8.0.1 it works well, but keep in mind it's only a work around, it will not work proper, if you press buttons too fast. Read this threads I mentioned above for full information.

The other (only) chance is to go to cec...

c ya,

WebEye

• Good luck,

but choose a powerful host system for compiling! The build will take a while...

My first try was compiling on a ATOM S1260, this wasn't a good idea ;)

WebEye

• Hi,

I have a VM server (Esxi), with a i5-2500. It's the most powerfull computer I have. I configure htV with 2 vcpu and 4Go of memery. I start the compil this morning, wait and see now.

How to compile a .tar update file? It's writing in the wiki :"Appending "make image" will generate an .img.gz file that can be written to USB/SD card media to create a new installation, and a .tar file for updating an existing installation."

By

• Official Post

Using "make image" will result in .img.gz and .tar files in the target folder. All versions of LibreELEC support updating from either file.

You might see crashes building Python with only 4GB. I'd allocate 8GB of RAM for compiling.

• I set up a Ubuntu 16.04.2 in a VM with 8 cores and also only 4GB RAM on my XEON E3-1240! Never had problems compilig LE!

AS chewitt written, look at the target directory....

• Hello,

With the patch, it's the best compromise to use Odroid C2 by the IR. But don't push to quickly. I think it will OK, waiting the final patch.

When I compiled LE, I was on the master branch. So my LE compile is a Leila release. How to switch to Kryton?

I do it

Code
    git checkout 8.0.2
    git pull

But I have a message indicating me that I am not on a branch. I need to specify a branch to merge

Code
    pascal@UbuntuServer:~/LibreELEC.tv$ git pull
    Vous n'êtes actuellement sur aucune branche.
    Veuillez spécifier une branche avec laquelle fusionner.
    Référez-vous à git-pull(1) pour de plus amples détails.

git pull <remote> <branch>

And if I try to compile, I have this error :

Code
    UNPACK   linux

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
    tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    Makefile:12 : la recette pour la cible « image » a échouée
    make: *** [image] Erreur 2

By Meirick

• Hello,

With the patch, it's the best compromise to use Odroid C2 by the IR. But don't push to quickly. I think it will OK, waiting the final patch.

I don't think there will be a final patch in next future, it seems the devs are bussy with other things and/or they have no clue, how to solve this. Maybe we had to wait till the Odroid devs will upgrade to the current Linux kernel!

My impression is, that most of the people (including the devs) went to bluetooth, because they are tired to have problems with lirc or keymap-table.

When I compiled LE, I was on the master branch. So my LE compile is a Leila release. How to switch to Kryton?

That is what I do mainly:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/LibreElec/LibreElec.tv.git
    cd LibreElec.tv/
    git checkout 8.0.2
    PROJECT=Odroid_C2 ARCH=aarch64 tools/download-tool
    PROJECT=Odroid_C2 ARCH=aarch64 IMAGE_SUFFIX=whatever make -j8 image

Never had problems.

Bye,

WebEye