Problem with sleep mode.

• Hello,
    I cant put my htpc ( j3060, 4gb ddr3, chieftec bravo cs-03b-b(psu 300w), 120gb ssd, 4tb hdd, kodi 17.1 ( last libreelec)) into sleep mode. When i choose 'Sleep', pc act like its going to shut down, screen goes black, fans stops but after few seconds (1-3s) it back to the state before i clicked 'sleep'.
    Are there any options in kodi preventing sleep mode?.
    After my last try when i changed some options in bios and kodi, pc couldnt be closed. All the time when i choose power off or close after x time, pc went on sleep mode. I reseted bios settings to default but it didnt fix it. I had to reinstall libreelec... So at this time i am going to ask first

• Official Post

( last libreelec)

That is not really a version number. :idea:
    You can always upload the kodi.log file, debug enabled, if you are unsure of all the specifications.

When i choose 'Sleep', pc act like its going to shut down, screen goes black, fans stops but after few seconds (1-3s) it back to the state before i clicked 'sleep'.

It's something that seems to happen to some other/older Intel-based machines too. I had it happen to one of my Kodi clients as well. It's been hard to pinpoint so far where the problem lies.

Are there any options in kodi preventing sleep mode?.

Sleep mode is not enabled by default as far as I know. You can set it to "Do not go to sleep". The same goes for the screensaver.

Apart from that, a 300W psu is much overkill for a simple 6-10W htpc.
    A 40-60W pico psu is much more efficient and totally silent as well.

• I downloaded and installed libreelec yesterday so i think it is the last version. Now i am in work so maybe later i will upload those files.

I set up libreelec already few times ( in expert mode) and i did not notice this kind of option.
    My power saving options looks rather like this:
    File:Settings.system.power saving.png - Official Kodi Wiki

About psu...
    Case was already with psu for a cheap so i took them both.

1. Kodi is ON
    2. Power button on minix a2 remote was pressed.
    3. Sleep option from shutdownmenu was selected and pressed [ok].
    4 .Looks like system went sleep for a second and immediately after wake up (shutdownmenu displayed again)
    5. System was closed in a normal way.

Edited once, last by teraseeker (May 22, 2017 at 3:53 PM).

• I had similar issue with one other intel system. But forgot what I did to fix the issue. I think it had something with USB which wakes up the system. Changing some BIOS options would maybe help.

Can you try suspending without keyboard attached?

Also can you try to run this in sh console?

Code
    grep -q "XHC1.*enabled" /proc/acpi/wakeup && echo XHC1 >/proc/acpi/wakeup
  • This happend after i made some changes in bios. No idea which option cause it.

After my last try when i changed some options in bios and kodi, pc couldnt be closed. All the time when i choose power off or close after x time, pc went on sleep mode. I reseted bios settings to default but it didnt fix it. I had to reinstall libreelec... So at this time i am going to ask first wink.png

The only usb used in kodi machine is remote minix a2.

Do you think it could help if i unplugge remote and try set kodi to sleep mode with regular mice?

Mo-bo manual did not help me. ->
    J3060M.pdf

• After extensive testing I got a feeling that suspend-to-ram doesn't work for me. Only suspend-to-idle. Not that much power saving but still something.

To get STI working I created file /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-s2idle-mem-sleep.power with the content

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    case "$1" in
      pre)
        : #<do something on suspend>
        echo s2idle > /sys/power/mem_sleep
        ;;
      post)
        : #<do something on resume>
        ;;
    esac

After that I can suspend from kodi and resume with flirc connected to usb.

I think this only works with linux kernel 4.10+ meaning not with LE 8.0.2. You can check to see which modes are available by running in ssh console

Code
    cat /sys/power/mem_sleep