Kodi v18 on LibreELEC

• Official Post

You can, if you self-build from sources, and right now it would probably cause you a load of problems due to recent upstream content merges that are still being fixed upstream (and on our side). Also consider that 64-bit Amlogic devices will hopefully jump from Linux 3.14 > 4.13 kernel and will end up with a completely new graphics architecture in Leia if things go to plan. I run a WP2 as the family daily driver and I won't be entertaining the idea of Leia code on it for 2-3 months yet. Leia is roughly targeting a year-end release.

• Can wait to test these changes in
    Lakka. Do you know if S912 will be supported too?

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• You can, if you self-build from sources, and right now it would probably cause you a load of problems due to recent upstream content merges that are still being fixed upstream (and on our side). Also consider that 64-bit Amlogic devices will hopefully jump from Linux 3.14 > 4.13 kernel and will end up with a completely new graphics architecture in Leia if things go to plan. I run a WP2 as the family daily driver and I won't be entertaining the idea of Leia code on it for 2-3 months yet. Leia is roughly targeting a year-end release.

Thanks chewitt, i'll just wait then :)

• Official Post

Can wait to test these changes in
    Lakka. Do you know if S912 will be supported too?

The Kernel work Baylibre are doing will fully support S912 hardware but Amlogic have no plans that I'm aware of to license fbdev drivers for Linux so you're stuck with the libhybris Android driver hack to make S912 work.

• So they plan to release new fbdev only for S905 or will support the current one?

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• I was wondering if I could put Kodi v18 on my wetek Play 2 running the latest LibreELEC (which runs great) or would that cause problems

I have some Kodi-Agile builds for WP2 which is currently Kodi 18 + further developed changes. Some of my users say that livetv work way better with Kodi 18 (agile). Currently a lot of Addons are broken and you have only the basics + Amazon and Netflix Streaming. Some of my user run it on a daily basis but I wouldn't recommend it.