built-in playercorefactory support?

• I have an MXQ Pro S905 running on an LE 8.0.1j and would like it to play/record any TV channels on my NAS. So far, I found this playercorefactory. But, before I go ahead to install it, I noticed from my /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log file (excerpt below) on my MXQ Pro S905 running on an LE 8.0.1j that kodi tries to unsuccessfully load the playercorefactory (I haven't installed the playercorefactory, yet) with an error message of special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. A quick search (i.e. find .kodi/ -name "*playercorefactory*" -print) through my /storage/.kodi directory yields no mentions of any playercorefactory. Does this mean LE doesn't include a playercorefactory support? If it does, can anyone please help me on how to resolve this error message? Thank you.

Code
    12:24:13.790 T:4117635072  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"
    12:24:13.790 T:4117635072  NOTICE: CMediaSourceSettings: loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
    12:24:13.791 T:4117635072  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
    12:24:13.792 T:4117635072  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
    12:24:13.792 T:4117635072  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
    12:24:13.792 T:4117635072  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
    08:24:13.813 T:4117635072  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27

• see, /usr/share/kodi/system/playercorefactory.xml

also, you can create your own file here, /storage/.kodi/userdata/playercorefactory.xml

I created a link in /storage/.kodi/userdata/playercorefactory.xml from /usr/share/kodi/system/playercorefactory.xml and now the /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log shows some error messages of no such player: as shown below. Looking at the /usr/share/kodi/system/playercorefactory.xml file, it seems to point to $HOME/git/kodi-playercorefactory/bash-scripts directory for all the utilities. Does that mean I have to install those utilities from playercorefactory?

• Official Post

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve. Playing and recording content to a NAS doesn't require playercorefactory changes. The only video player we embed in our distro is ffmpeg. If you're following some guide that recommends to use alternative player binaries via playercorefactory you need to choose a non-embedded distro where you can install things, e.g. Ubuntu.

• I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve. Playing and recording content to a NAS doesn't require playercorefactory changes. The only video player we embed in our distro is ffmpeg. If you're following some guide that recommends to use alternative player binaries via playercorefactory you need to choose a non-embedded distro where you can install things, e.g. Ubuntu.

All I am trying to achieve is to be able to record some TV streams (channels). I sure would like to schedule to record any streams (channels) and/or record a TV stream (channel) while watching it. The only approach I know is to use the playercodefactory on a Linux desktop computer and it is pretty archaic. In this case, I use playercodefactory to save any URL stream and then use VLC to record the stream to my NAS. Right now, I would like to automate this on my MXQ Pro S905 running on an LE 8.0.1j. If you know of a better way to achieve this on an S905 platform running an LE, I am all ears and certainly will appreciate your helps.

• Official Post

If you want to record TV use VDR or TVheadend - they have recording functions. If you are using IPTV streams via something like IPTV-simple they are almost certainly illegally re-broadcast (pirate) streams and we have no interest in helping you record stolen content. If you would like to provide debug logs that show/prove otherwise we are happy to investigate/help further.

• If you want to record TV use VDR or TVheadend - they have recording functions. If you are using IPTV streams via something like IPTV-simple they are almost certainly illegally re-broadcast (pirate) streams and we have no interest in helping you record stolen content. If you would like to provide debug logs that show/prove otherwise we are happy to investigate/help further.

I don't use VDR, TVHeadEnd, nor IPTV. All I do is to watch some live TV streams from Australia, China, France, Indonesia, etc., and record them for VoD so other home members can watch the news at a later time. Is this activity considered illegal?

• Official Post

I don't use VDR, TVHeadEnd, nor IPTV. All I do is to watch some live TV streams from Australia, China, France, Indonesia, etc., and record them for VoD so other home members can watch the news at a later time. Is this activity considered illegal?

Depends where these streams come from. The way you make it sound makes it sound illegal.

• Official Post

If you are streaming direct from an original source, e.g. BBC iPlayer streamed from the BBC site and you are geographically in the UK and have paid the license fee; then streams are legitimate. If you are in a different country from the original sources and you are accessing them via a streaming provider who offers hundreds of channels from all over the world it is 99.999% certain that you are funding a criminal enterprise illegally rebroadcasting content for profit without consent of the original copyright holders. In laymans terms you are a pirate. And that means no further support in this forum.

Provide debug log files that prove otherwise and support can resume.

• If you are streaming direct from an original source, e.g. BBC iPlayer streamed from the BBC site and you are geographically in the UK and have paid the license fee; then streams are legitimate. If you are in a different country from the original sources and you are accessing them via a streaming provider who offers hundreds of channels from all over the world it is 99.999% certain that you are funding a criminal enterprise illegally rebroadcasting content for profit without consent of the original copyright holders. In laymans terms you are a pirate. And that means no further support in this forum.

Provide debug log files that prove otherwise and support can resume.

I see your point now.

I installed Fusion TVAddons. In it, there is International Addons. In there, I enabled some from countries, i.e. China, France, Germany, etc. Also, I installed LihatTV repo to stream the Indonesian news channels. Are these all illegal?