Edimax AC1200 WiFi driver

• So I bought another 1G/8G T95X, but unfortunately this version was different from older versions. This version had 9082xs WiFi chip :@ . I purchased a USB adapter: "Edimax AC1200 Wi-Fi USB (EW-7822ULC)". Edimax had some good reviews regarding RasPi, and i know they worked on LibreElec... but I guess that was for the N150 version, because I can not get this AC1200 to work.

I did a little searching, but I can not figure out how to install this driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BTW I was a donator early on, Even purchased the T95X, because it was what Kzsaq was using for testing.

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (May 8, 2017 at 11:49 PM).

• Thanks for going above an beyond again kszaq. Your build did recognize the wifi adaptor and it would connect to my SSID, but then my connections window would show "failure" shortly after. It would sometimes connect, then I could even SSL in for a few (in-between disconnects) to do a speed test (which was slow about 20mbps down), before it would fail/disconnect and try to reconnect

here is my log if it helps.
    HWFO

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (May 9, 2017 at 12:53 AM).

• Realtek 8822BU driver was already included so I thought it was only a matter of adding USB ID. Looks like it needs more work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• I see the GPL source code for the driver here at the bottom of the page, but installing it is above my skill set.
    EDIMAX - Download

If someone could point me in the right direction great or would it be better to return it and buy another? Was just looking for a small, fast, cheap adapter.

Thanks,
    Nathan