PI Zero W Bluetooth audio

• Hi,

first of all thank you for the hard work, I started using libreelec a few month ago, and it is a real joy!

I have however an issue with my new Raspberry Pi Zero W. I use the new 8.0.1 build. I want to connect to my bluetooth audio receiver and stream the audio. I have no problem connecting, but once I set the audio out to pulseaudio from HDMI the connection drops immediately. I tested this on my bluetooth headset as well, same issue. This has something to do with pulseaudio, since if I don't try to stream audio to it (I leave the audio out on HDMI) the connection is stable indefinitely.

Is this a new bug, has anybody else seen this? If it helps I can post some logs, but as I said, I am fairly new to libreelec I will need some instructions to do it.

Thank you for the good work!

• Hey

I have the exact same issue. I guess that confirms my feeling that its a bug or we both did something wrong. Hopefully we get something figured out.

the weird part is that it works fine when i'm in raspbian jessie w/ PIXEL, but doesnt work in LibreELEC.

EDIT:just checked LibreELEC and everything is working fine except for bluetooth. Looking around I've seen alot of posts about how to send audio to the pi but not the reverse which is strange.

you'd think other people would have ran into this.

also i tried to connect after the bluetooth connection drop when i started playing audio and it connected and stayed connected for a while but no sound. somehow i think pulseaudio is defaulting and forcing HDMI which it's not supposed to do.

found how to past log files they are here: bEJB

um oops make sure that theres and uppercase one because that log was not mine 0_0

Edited once, last by yugimumoto1 (April 26, 2017 at 2:54 AM).

• I also have the suspicion that the culprit is pulseaudio. As long as audio is set to HDMI the bluetooth connection is stable. As I switch to pulseaduio and move the cursor for the first time (the first sound should go through the BT connection) it immediately disconnects.

• I also have the suspicion that the culprit is pulseaudio. As long as audio is set to HDMI the bluetooth connection is stable. As I switch to pulseaduio and move the cursor for the first time (the first sound should go through the BT connection) it immediately disconnects.

same here. reading through the log file i see something related to pulseaudio output a failure code. also it says something in my music.tdb is unsupported. ill look more into it today.