Posts by jmichael

I'll try disabling within the next days and let you know.

The main result from trying all the distros is always the same - it does not work. However, sometimes I can't even connect to the speaker, sometime it crashes, sometimes there is just no sound.

I know that the Raspi Zero (W) is not designed to be a media system but I assume the HW works. What keeps me going is the fact that bluetooth audio is working with Raspbian Jessie and VLC but yet not using any other software I've tried so far...That's why I still think this is some kind of software problem and may be fixed in the future.

I already tried with WIFI turned off. However, I used the GUI to turn it off. Does this have the same effect or should I try again with the config as you proposed?

Distance should not be an issue as the speaker/headset was already very close (around 30cm).

I also tried openELEC and OSMC which resulted in slightly different behavior but in the end nothing worked. I've been trying to get this setting running for almost a year now trying every release of libreELEC, openELEC and OSMC but without any success :(

Thanks for the link. It seems this thread is about the PI 3 and not the Pi Zero W. I'm not sure if the hardware is comparable in this respect.

Also it does not seem that clear to me that this is a problem of the chip itself. The hardware itself works, as tested with VLC under Rapsbian Jessie. So the hardware is definitely capable of playing sound via bluetooth. Furthermore, the problem still occurs when WIFI is turned off as mentioned by others in that thread (I also tested this myself some time ago).

Any other suggestions what could be the problem or how to solve this besides using an external WIFI dongle? Any other things I could try?

I'm using the Pi Zero W and I can't get any bluetooth audio device to work. Either the whole system crashes and reboots when a sound should be played or nothing happens at all. I'm using version 8.2.5, the built-in bluetooth with the Pi Zero W and have tried with two bluetooth devices (UE Roll and Logitech H800 Headset).

Here is the log of trying the UE Roll speaker http://ix.io/1bvf and another one trying the headset afterwards http://ix.io/1bvh

How can I get this to work?

Cheers,

Michael