Screen mirroring from PC

• Is something possible like Apple AirPlay does - e.g. mirror your (Mac) laptop screen to an AppleTV?
    Maybe using Miracast, which is already implemented in Windows 8.1 and 10? I don't know about the technical details of that protocol so my question is if it is possible for Kodi or LibreELEC to act as a Miracast Receiver?

• Is something possible like Apple AirPlay does - e.g. mirror your (Mac) laptop screen to an AppleTV?
    Maybe using Miracast, which is already implemented in Windows 8.1 and 10? I don't know about the technical details of that protocol so my question is if it is possible for Kodi or LibreELEC to act as a Miracast Receiver?

From what little I understand Miracast has certain hardware requirements, certain types of wifi adapters I think and so its hard to support. I don't know if the raspberry pi 3's wifi can do it. Airplay I think has been cracked but it a paid program called rPlay which isn't for kodi and finally Chromecast has no chance as that relies on the hardware and very closed software of the chromecast device. The closest I can think of are certain addons for chrome that allow you to stream movies from webpages into kodi.

• Ok, thanks for the reply.
    For what I wanted to use it is streaming SkyGo (Silverlight) from my PC to Kodi. But as I saw (after my post yesterday) there is hope for a native SkyGo Plugin as with Kodi 17 there were some changes which might make that possible.