Settings addon is not yet ready, please try again later

• After migrating to LibreELEC (and what an improvement it is, everything runs much better and smoother!) I am left with one problem: I am unable to change any LibreELEC system settings. When I try to run the LibreELEC configuration add-on, I get the following error message:

Settings addon is not yet ready, please try again later

I've googled for it, but the only references to this error message that I can find relate to LE 7.90 alpha and I can find nothing useful.

I'd supply a debug log file, but I need to enable that under the system settings that I can't get into.

Suggestions, anyone?

Tnx!

// FvW

• this is really strange. Would be intersting from which OE version you tried to migrate and what skin might be in use then

Could you please try for a test to do a hard reset by:

Code
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/kodi-bak

That will remove all your settings and installed addons, but those will be stored in the "kodi-bak"-folder. I'm not sure what exactly causes the issue, but the message cames from here:

service.libreelec.settings/default.py at 17315f4066454fb9ef12d36c465cb423726757a9 · LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings · GitHub

• this is really strange. Would be intersting from which OE version you tried to migrate and what skin might be in use then

Could you please try for a test to do a hard reset by:

Code
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/kodi-bak

That will remove all your settings and installed addons, but those will be stored in the "kodi-bak"-folder. I'm not sure what exactly causes the issue, but the message cames from here:

service.libreelec.settings/default.py at 17315f4066454fb9ef12d36c465cb423726757a9 · LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings · GitHub

OK. Did that, and Kodi reverted to defaults (and the Estuary skin). Then the settings add-on worked. When I restored my backed up .kodi folder I did find several settings had reverted to defaults (resolution back to DESKTOP from 1920x1080p; audio output back to HDMI only from HDMI and Analog) and the settings add-on once again tells me to come back later. [Edit: in fact ALL kodi settings had reverted to their defaults after the restore and I had to re-customize everything, from subtitle preferences in the OSD to the video calibration in the Kodi system settings. Just mentioning it in case it's relevant.]

I migrated from OE6 with Kodi 15.1 and the Xonfluence skin to EE8 and Kodi 17.1. Upon start-up Xonfluence was disabled as an incompatible add-on and Kodi reverted to Estuary. I updated Xonfluence from its repo and all was well. In fact everything works with the exception of the settings add-on. [Edit: so it's clear that something in the .kodi folder breaks the OpenELEC settings addon.]

Tnx!

Edited once, last by frankvw (April 12, 2017 at 9:11 AM).

• So just re-do your settings. It might have been a problem with the skin you have used. So I would keep it this way, do your settings, add your addons and see, if it fails again.

I already redid all the settings. I was hoping that a migration would mean I'd not have to go through the weeks of finetuning and installing add-ons all over again. I might as well forget about migrating and start with a fresh image from scratch then. Oh well.

Thanks for looking into it.

// FvW