Intel NUC vs. Raspberry Pi 3

• Hi there,

Just started watching some 1080P streams on my LibreElec/Kodi Raspberry Pi 3. Noticed some artifacting that seems consistent across stream sources and am wondering if it's a limitation of the video capabilities of the Raspberry Pi 3 and whether a later generation Intel NUC (Core i5) would be an upgrade, presumably with better GPU specs.

The Raspberry Pi 3 seems to be a very popular Kodi platform, but at a bang-for-your-buck perspective (which is obviously great) or because it's Good Enough (tm) for streaming at 1080P?

I suspect it's a source issue (compression/encoding), because the artifacting is consistently at the same frame/time point on an episode, but just wanted to touch base with the community and see if throwing more hardware at the problem would be worthwhile.

• Official Post

NUC and RPi should have no issues with 1080p videos. h264 vs h.265 is a different matter.

As far as 'streams' are concerned, quality can vary a lot. I'm also hoping you are referring to legal/non-banned streams.

• NUC and RPi should have no issues with 1080p videos. h264 vs h.265 is a different matter.

As far as 'streams' are concerned, quality can vary a lot. I'm also hoping you are referring to legal/non-banned streams.

Ah ok, good to know.