Posts by gravyface

Hi there,

Just started watching some 1080P streams on my LibreElec/Kodi Raspberry Pi 3. Noticed some artifacting that seems consistent across stream sources and am wondering if it's a limitation of the video capabilities of the Raspberry Pi 3 and whether a later generation Intel NUC (Core i5) would be an upgrade, presumably with better GPU specs.

The Raspberry Pi 3 seems to be a very popular Kodi platform, but at a bang-for-your-buck perspective (which is obviously great) or because it's Good Enough (tm) for streaming at 1080P?

I suspect it's a source issue (compression/encoding), because the artifacting is consistently at the same frame/time point on an episode, but just wanted to touch base with the community and see if throwing more hardware at the problem would be worthwhile.

It might work (ie there might be a way but I don't know what it is!) but it won't be 'supported'. An alternative would be to install dispmanx vnc from the libreelec repo, VNC viewer or similar on your pc and type away.

Yeah, this sounds like the least painful and pretty sure VNC supports copy/paste (text, for URLs, etc.).

Would be cool to develop an apt-get like model where you can add repos to a sources.list file and then just apt-get install <addon>.

Hey all,

New to Kodi and LibreELEC in general; currently running on an ancient Raspberry Pi 2011 (have Pi 3 on order).

I'm just trying to familiarize myself with Kodi and how it works. Seems very Linuxy with the adding of repos and the package management.

The Chorus2 interface doesn't seem to allow the addition of repositories or the downloading of ZIPs that I can see and having a keyboard hooked up to my Pi by the TV is not really comfortable for any stretch of time, so ideally I'd be able to add repositories and download/install ZIPs via SSH/shell.

I'm really comfortable on the command line, so editing text files doesn't scare me at all, but I don't know if this is a supported method (i.e. will a text file be overwritten by Kodi routines/processes and/or the changes won't apply without executing a command, restarting Kodi, etc.).

I googled around for "Kodi via SSH" and most of it is just Linux 101 commands, and not really Kodi specific.