LE8.0.1 + NUC7I3BNH + Multiple Displays

• Hi,

i'm using a NUC7i3BNK with 1 Monitor (LG 34UM95P) and 1 TV (Sony KD 55XD8505).

OnBoard HDMI Port -> Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC/USB Adapter -> TV
    MiniDP/USB TypeC -> HDMI Adapter -> Monitor

I want to switch the output device in the system settings. Only one Display should be active at a time.

On Default, the output seems to be mirrored on booth output devices using the resolution-settings from the TV.

The other two options are DP1 and DP2.

DP1 is the same as Default. DP2 gives me booth Displays black until i restart the nuc.

Any ideas?

• Official Post

Dual screen support is limited to screen cloning only.

If you want Kodi on a single screen only, set the correct monitor in the Settings / System / Display / Monitor selection, and enable the option "Blank other displays", and reboot so settings are stored.

• Hi again.

The DP Cable doesn't solve the problem. Now i bought an Asrock BeeBox with an i5 7200U. It has two fullsize HDMI and one fullsize DP. I'm not a big fan of asrock, but i will give it a try.

With the BeeBox i managed to switch the Displays. But it's not realy simple...

First of all i had to enable the "Blank other displays"-Options.

If "Default" is selected as output device, booth, the PC-Monitor and the TV is are used. Because of different resolutions the TV doesn't show the whole picture.

In this state i have the option to select HDMI1 (TV) and DP1 (PC-Monitor).
    If i select DP1, the TV is turning off and the PC-Monitor is output device.
    If i select HDMI, the TV and the Monitor turning off. I have to accept the new setting without seeing the dialog and reboot the device. After the reboot HDMI1 (TV) is the only output device.
    Now the only available output devices are Default and HDMI1 OR DP.

If i want to switch to the other TV/Monitor: I have to enable Default and reboot to see HDMI1 and DP again. After this i can select DP1/HDMI again, as described before.

Is there a easier way to switch the output device? Without rebooting the Box 1-2 times?

• I found a solution that works for me. Not perfect, but better than all the reboots.

I wrote a script which toggles the output device using xrandr.

I'm calling it using the System.exec command through the YaTse-Remote (Android). The sleep is only necessary if i execute the script through kodi.

Edited once, last by Grizzler (April 6, 2017 at 9:02 PM).