Help with selecting hardware

• Hi All! I'm currently a long term user of MythTV for both Backend and Frontend and I'm ready to take the dive into some newer technologies and I'm hoping that I have found the right place.

I have some old hardware that's not very power efficient, and I'd like to buy some new hardware that will let me do the following:

• Run tvheadend as the backend (or some other alternative, but it sounds like tvheadend is well supported in LibreElec) connected to HDHomeRun Connect
    • Run Kodi as tv frontend
    • Be able to use my device as a PVR and also for Live TV with EPG

That's basically it, I have other media servers around the house so I'm really looking for a dedicated LiveTV/PVR. Do you guys think this is a good setup with LibreElec?

I'm hoping with the advancements in CPU/GPU design that something really cheap will fit the bill - do you think a Intel NUC NUC5CPYH with a Celeron N3050 processor will cut it? I've read in other threads that this NUC is a great little device and has enough horse power for the frontend, and even 4k videos (but not 10bit HEC), but all I really need my device to do is 1080 feeds over ATSC (I'm in the United States).

Thanks in advance!

• Hello!
    A N3700 itx or matx board with pcie tuners (single dual or quad) is cheap and will fit your needs, I guess.

I am running a equal setup with 2 dual pcie tuners for over a year without any issue.

Regads
    Nicolas

• Hello!
    A N3700 itx or matx board with pcie tuners (single dual or quad) is cheap and will fit your needs, I guess.

I am running a equal setup with 2 dual pcie tuners for over a year without any issue.

Regads
    Nicolas

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback! I guess I can up it to the N3700 version for about $40 more. And that will help me future proof for other things if I want to, like play emulators etc.