Basic Shader(ARB) Red Transparent Screen

• Hi Guys!

i Found Out that I have the best Performance on my NUC5PPYH with Render Method Basic Shader ( ARB ). All 2k and 4k Videos plays Smooth with this Method. But the Problem is i have a Red Transparent Screen ( Only when i start a Video not in Menus) . Is there a solution to avoid that or is that a driver Related Problem?

On Older version of LibreElec or OpenElec i there was a Software Render Method that was not anymore in the Actual Version. Is it possible to reactivate this Method?

if have LibreElec 8.01 installed.

• No one of the Developers or Programmers don't have an idea to fix this Issue?

Please give me a Feedback.

Hi Guys!

i Found Out that I have the best Performance on my NUC5PPYH with Render Method Basic Shader ( ARB ). All 2k and 4k Videos plays Smooth with this Method. But the Problem is i have a Red Transparent Screen ( Only when i start a Video not in Menus) . Is there a solution to avoid that or is that a driver Related Problem?

On Older version of LibreElec or OpenElec i there was a Software Render Method that was not anymore in the Actual Version. Is it possible to reactivate this Method?

if have LibreElec 8.01 installed.

• Switch to Automatic Mode or GLSL the Picture is ok but the Performance is bad especially in 2k or 4k Content the Video Stutters. On Basic Shader (ARB) they play smooth but have a red transparent screen thats look like in the Picture above.

What happens if you switch to advanced renderer?

Regards
    Nicolas

Edited once, last by TCHAMMER (March 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM).

• I guess this is more a Kodi than a Libreelec issue...
    Maybe it is better open up a bug report there?
    But, don't expect to much...

Regards
    Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (April 5, 2017 at 11:44 AM).

• Maybe the intel driver has a bug... Hard to figure it out.
    Maybe someone with a nvidia video card can try this?
    (I don't have one at the moment)
    If it happens there too it is not a intel driver bug.

Regards
    Nicolas

• No one with an nVidia Card or AMD Card here that can test Hardware Acceleration with Basic Shaders ( ARB ) on LE 8.0.1 and can tell me the Picture is ok or not?

• Tested with Nvidia gtx 1070 on LE 8.0.1,
    Hardware Acceleration(VDPAU enabled - VAAPI disabled) and Basic Shaders(ARB).
    Picture is fine here.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (April 9, 2017 at 7:08 PM).

• Tested with Nvidia gtx 1070 on LE 8.0.1,
    Hardware Acceleration(VDPAU enabled - VAAPI disabled) and Basic Shaders(ARB).
    Picture is fine here.

Thanks vitorp07!

Looks like is it a Intel Graphic Driver Problem. i hope the next Release would fix this problem.

• Update to Libreelec Beta 8.10 Reset Settings ( Soft Reset ) and no luck :( if I Choose Basic ARB Shader i have a Red Tint on Display if i play a Movie.

Are the Graphics Drivers updated too?

• The design goal for 8.2 is to change as little as possible from 8.0 so there is no major change to the kernel and thus no major change to Intel drivers and firmware.