modifying the hard drive size

• thank you for your work on this program. I installed it on a laptop i had laying around. its a hp envy m6. I am new to this type of install. the drive is very large, however on install I don't recall the option to re partition the drive, so it created a partition size of 512. My question is can I resize it and if so how can I go about doing that? thank you
    PS I wanted to add that it is telling me after install that 40% of the 512 mb is being used. the 457 gb is empty in sda2. how can I access this hard drive space? should I have partitioned it before I did the install? help!!

Edited once, last by Larry (March 26, 2017 at 12:45 AM).

• The partition should be expanded upon initial boot. I'd suggest reinstalling and letting the initial boot finish completely.

there is no way to modify the size on install or does it use a script? that may be a good thing to add in the future. if I reinstall will the partition that is holding the OS be larger that 512? I wanted to make it like GBs so I could install more addons. it shows that the 2nd partitioned is there. but is it just going to be waited space?

Edited once, last by Larry (March 26, 2017 at 2:45 AM).

• there is no way to modify the size on install or does it use a script? that may be a good thing to add in the future. if I reinstall will the partition that is holding the OS be larger that 512? I wanted to make it like GBs so I could install more addons. it shows that the 2nd partitioned is there. but is it just going to be waited space?

512MB is just the system partition. The storage partition will expand to fill the rest of the Disk.