Freescale I.MX6 / Cubox-i support?

• In the downloads section there is no option to select the Cubox-i has official support for this been dropped with the fork?

I found this thread where there is what appears to be an personal/experimental build - but then the entire idea of 'software as an appliance' was to not have to dink around with experimental unsupported builds.

Will the Cubox-i get official support again or is that a thing of the past?

If not is there any sort of guidelines for what kind of devices receives official support ( the cubox-i was a openelec partnered device, so I do I need to worry that the wetek openelec also gets cut ) ?

• The Cubox-i has always been a community build - I.e. from those with the hardware (Not sure for the reason why it is not fully supported, but I guess it has to do with having enough hardware available for support and compiling). The current 8.0.1 build is as up to date as any of the other builds.

• The Cubox-i has always been a community build - I.e. from those with the hardware (Not sure for the reason why it is not fully supported, but I guess it has to do with having enough hardware available for support and compiling). The current 8.0.1 build is as up to date as any of the other builds.

Before the fork it was officially supported ( still listed with official builds on the openELEC site ).

If it is indeed a question of not enough hardware among the 'official' developers then perhaps any stable community builds should also be listed on the download page - having to dig though forum posts isn't exactly user friendly. This will become more relevant with time as supported devices are being dropped for the new shiny.