cuboxtv buffering

• I had so much success with openelec on cuboxtv that I own 3 of them!

However, after switching to libreelec to get the later versions of kodi I am seeing more and more buffering issues.

I am seeing this both on the device that is connected via ethernet and the two that are connected via wifi, but more often on the ethernet connected device.

I have autostart set to limit the ethernet port speed to 100Mb. (I have tried setting it back to 1Gb to no avail).

My files all live on a freenas server and are shared out using NFS. I am using a mysql database to share my library

Can someone who is familiar with these devices and libreelec give me any ideas on how I might fix this and if there are any logs etc I can provide that will help to troubleshoot?

Cheers,

Andrew.

• I too have noticed buffering issues - albeit I'm still on 7.90.10 - I'm going from a CUBOX (Original) running archlinux as a NFS server going via ethernet to the router then WIFI (300Mbps) adapter to ethernet back into my CUBOX-I4 pro. I monitor both boxes (NMON and tail (kodi log and journal)) and can see the traffic is normal on both sides, but just occasionally (and it is occasionally) it stalls - nothing in the kodi log, no hang on either boxes, CPU is as good as zero - no I/O no network traffic. It's as if it just given up on life. I'm still trying to deduce what is causing it. (I don't think it is LE, but something else in my setup).

Could it be the NFS client? I haven't tried SMB.

I have played around with advancedsettings.xml and have tried many options. Even 1G memory and 40 read factor (Didn't go well)

This works for me most of the time on Kodi 17 (NOT for 16 - cache names are different).
    <advancedsettings>
    <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>524288000</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

I believe the CUBOXTv only has 1G memory, so best to change memorysize to 262144000 and see if that helps.

If you can replicate the error, then switch on debug mode and send the kodi.log, it might show something.