Central Thumbnail Cache

• Hi Guys,
    i am using Libreelec in a PXE environment together with a MySQL Database.

Libreelec is booted from an Ubuntu Server via an NFS share. Now OS and Movie/TVShow data is already centralised.

What i want to do now is to centralise the Thumbnail Cache which can be found under /storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails.
    Till now every client has its own Thumbnail cache in its home dir on the server, so it needs more space (which is not a main issue) and the clients are mostly not on the same revision.
    When i add new Movies to one client, the otherone does not automatically get the new artwork immediately.

Does sombody has a guid how i could mount the Thumbnail Folder from an SMB or NFS Share into Libreelec so all Clients can use the same Thumbnail data?

• Official Post

As far as I'm concerned, fixed local caching was one of the least brightest ideas Kodi has come up with.

You can still try using path substitution for the thumbnail path, but the last time I tried it (with Isengard), it had mixed results. There were times that thumbnails would simply not show. Why I don't know. I have stopped trying to have a centralized thumbnail cache. The last XBMC version that worked here flawlessly with all data on a server was Eden...

When i add new Movies to one client, the otherone does not automatically get the new artwork immediately.

Probably because of each Kodi client having its own local database (Textures13.db) where all caching is monitored/updated/etcetera.

Edited once, last by Klojum (June 29, 2016 at 9:50 PM).