Compile Sapphire remote driver

• seems this remote can just use the hid-topseed driver included in the kernel, why would we want an out of tree driver?

• seems this remote can just use the hid-topseed driver included in the kernel, why would we want an out of tree driver?

Because it is much better. Enables long press and other enhancements.

• I looked into this and unfortunately the setup scripts are not friendly with the ash busybox shell that we use.

So without a complete rewrite of the sapphire_keymap.sh script it won't be possible to use on LibreELEC.

• Have you tried to remap keys using .hwdb.
    I am not very acknowledgeable, but got my ATI Remote Wonder II working. There were also many non working buttons.

Let me know if you need some help. Created a thread on the OpenELEC forum some time ago.

Regards

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN

Edal T95Z Plus s912 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN

LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

Slowly being replaced by Intel NUCs (7th/8th gen i3/i5).

• lrusak I am not overly sure what parts of the script are not ash compatible, if you can point me to the incompatible parts I'll see if I can rewrite.

Cheers.

• lrusak I am not overly sure what parts of the script are not ash compatible, if you can point me to the incompatible parts I'll see if I can rewrite.

Cheers.

the sapphire_keymap.sh script is not ash compatible as it uses arrays.

• nickr it might just be easier for me to compile bash and include It in the addon. I'll try doing that.

• Hello,

Did you compile it? I could test it if you want.

I notice that by default the "radio" and "right" key do the same (right key).

Tell me if you need any help.

Kind regards.

• I have compiled it and it now runs, however it is fragile because it relies on a specific kernel version,

If you want to test please let me know which LibreELEC build (hardware) you are using so I can compile a test addon for you.

see, Sapphire Remote driver addon by lrusak · Pull Request #561 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Edited once, last by lrusak ().