20s+ delay when updating library

• Hi,
    I run an automatic library update on bootup and approx once per day the update sits on "preparing....0%" for approx 20-25s before anything happens.

After this 20-25s delay it it proceeds as normal (finishes in ~5s). Thereafter I usually can't replicate the delay until a day later.

In this example there is a 22s gap from 20:34:52 until 20:35:14 with no indication of what it's doing for this timeframe. This corresponds to the frozen "Preparing - 0%" dialogue.

Is there any indication here what is causing the delay/hang ? Is it related to CheckIdle - Closing session to addons.libreelec.tv ?

I use "wait for network before starting Kodi" so I don't think it's related to that (it never waits for more than 1-2s).
    There's no funny add-ons and it's a recently clean install.

Thanks

Edited once, last by trent (March 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM).

• Do you have one or more sources that are currently unreachable, going into a timeout?
    Or do the HDD's of your server need to spin up and fully awake..?

• Do you have one or more sources that are currently unreachable, going into a timeout?

The HDDs which are inside the scope of the library update don't spin down. Also the server doesn't sleep.

I have other HDDs with library content which do spin down but in the Kodi settings these disks are excluded from the library update since they are full and no new content will be added.

So I don't think the delay is related to HDD spin up. Unless there is a bug in Kodi which causes it to query excluded folders during the library update.

But I will test it by disabling spin down entirely on every disk and report back.

Thanks.

It looks like you might be correct and the delay is due to Kodi trying to access HDDs which are spun down.

Im not sure why that is though since these spun-down disks are excluded from the update process. And they are already scraped so any posters which pop up on Estuary home screen (random movies etc) should be coming from the local Kodi db.

I have a few ideas of things to check so I will investigate further..