Docker Installation

• Hi,

I'm new to libreelec and wanted to install the Docker plug-in mentioned in the wiki/Add-ons page. But I can't find it in the list of plug-ins in my installation. I use the current version 8.0.0 of LibreELEC. I updated/migrated from OpenELEC 6. Can you please help me, how to find/install the Docker plug-in or point me to the documentation I missed.

Thank you.

Regards

• It's a WeTeK Play box (not Play2). So I used that build. Could that be a reason?

Is the LibreELEC add-ons repo not enabled by default? Do I have to switch it on somewhere?

thank you for the prompt response.

• If you have a look at the Docker addon package.mk the WeTek Play is not compatible :

Code
    PKG_ADDON_PROJECTS="Generic RPi RPi2 imx6 WeTek_Hub WeTek_Play_2 Odroid_C2"
  • The 3.10 kernel used by the WP1 does not support many of the internal functions needed for docker support. We managed to backport missing things to enable support in the 3.14 kernel used by WP2/Hub but it wasn't simple and 3.10 would be a huge amount more work (and after the 3.14 effort nobody is volunteering). There are no plans from Amlogic (or LE staff) to bump the kernel used by MX chipset devices to anything newer, which means there are no plans to bring docker support to WP1.