Playing videos on Pi 3

• There is a strange behavior of Kodi on LE 8.0 on Pi 3 while changing videos. For example, one is playing, where I'd like to start another one. Then the one being played is hanged and after a dozen of seconds Kodi exits to desktop and nothing is played.

Another thing: sometimes when I try to play something, the only thing I see is the moving circle and nothing happens until I reboot Pi 3.

Does anyone experience similiar issues?

• Official Post

Does anyone experience similiar issues?

Which answer do you expect? Or what means "similar" in that case?

Things, we don't know:

- where the movies come from
    - which codec those movies have
    - what the log might tell (which is most important in that case)
    - which container the file has, which you play

Kodi exits to desktop

With "Kodi exits to Desktop" do you mean the Kodi home screen? Because LibreELEC has no desktop surface where Kodi could exit to, like an Ubuntu distro or Windows has. So if you mean a real "desktop", I would say, you don't use LibreELEC and this is probably the wrong forum ;)

If you mean the Kodi home screen, then provide the missing things, I mentioned above including the debug log while that happens.

• DaVu: more input.

I had no problems at all while using Pi B running OpenElec.

Movies are located on NAS, Samba share.
    I don't know the codecs nor containers, here's the log file:

20:37:39.487 T:1796207520 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resource - Pastebin.com

And yes, I meant that Kodi exits to home screen, kodi remote (I'm using Yatse) sees it unavailable while this happening, yet controls are working.

Edited once, last by Wozik (March 9, 2017 at 8:02 PM).