Update library on startup not working on Resume LE 8.0

• Hi All. I posted in the Kodi forums and was redirected here. In the previous version of Kodi (jarvis) after a suspend, the library would get updated. This allowed me to leave my Asus chromebox in standby mode instead of shutting it down. All this so I didn't have to get up from the couch to press the 'on' button and could do it via my harmony remote.

However after the krypton update, it seems that the 'update library on startup' doesn't seem to work after a 'resume'. Does anyone know if this is because of the way libreelec/chromebox is handling the resume vs startup or is this a Kodi problem?

The other kodi install I have is a windows box but it always gets shutdown and not suspended so i can't test it.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by dukem (March 1, 2017 at 5:31 PM).

• I have LE8 installed on an Intel NUC and im also having this issue, but not in resume, just simply booting up. I updated from Openelec to this. It was working after first for a few days, but then one day it quit and now i have to manually scan every time. Yes, i have scan on startup selected.

• Just brainfarting here for a moment... Is the remote library accessible after coming out of suspend?
    Can it be that the "Update Library" function is triggered too fast, perhaps even before the network connection is back up (again) ?

• The remote library is a NAS that is connected with two 1GB ports. It should always be accessible. The chromebox is also hardwired. If i force the update, it will work. how can i check this?

Edited once, last by dukem (March 13, 2017 at 2:51 AM).

• Hi, I am having the same problem.
    My library (located on external NAS) doesn't get updated after start. Manual update is working fine.
    My system is Intel NUC hardwired to a LAN with NAS.

Any ideas?

• I was having a similar problem. I turned on the setting to "wait for network before starting Kodi" in the librelec add on Settings. This has seemingly fixed my problem.

• thank you for your help. I tried it too and it works indded "wait for network before starting Kodi"
    It makes perfect sense, since if no network connection then the library on the NAS cannot be reached..