Krypton Video Scaling Wrong on TVs with Overscan

• Hi, thanks for the great work with LibreElec.
    I have a Nexbox s95x (905x) with Krypton 8.0.0c (on sdcard) and Jarvis 7.0.3.012i (on nand)
    I've noticed the video scaling is wrong on Krypton when using a TV where overscan can't be disabled.

Only tried streaming from internet at the moment with display set as 720p and 1080p (same outcome with both resolutions)

Setup
    Jarvis: interface zoom -4% video calibration untouched (corner arrows are off the screen and can't be seen)
    Displays interface and videos fine though (BBC logo in top left of stream is fully shown with space around it)

Krypton: interface zoom -4 video calibration untouched (corner arrows are off the screen and can't be seen)
    Displays interface fine but videos have BBC logo cut off.

interface zoom 0, video calibration with arrows at edge of the screen.
    interface displays ok, BBC logo cut off, interface cut off when pausing video.

interface zoom -4, video calibration with arrows at corner of screen
    interface has black border (as you would expect) BBC logo is still cut off.

Does Krypton handle scaling differently to Jarvis?

• Just a thought have you tried changing the screen size on you TV.... Most if not all modern TV's allow to change the aspect ratio 16:9, 14:10, 4:3 Full-Screen and so on.......

Also when streaming have you changed the screen ratio to match the TV.

I have my TV set to Full Screen and i have the video in Kodi set to 16:9 and everything is sweet

• Aspect doesn't make any difference (well setting 4.3 on tv remote makes the 4.3 side borders appear and the BBC icon is still cut)
    Krypton just doesn't scale the video to remove the overscan but Jarvis does perfectly just by setting -4 zoom in the interface setting.

edit.
    Just set zoom 0 on jarvis and BBC was cut for a split second then it zoomed out removed the overscan!
    So Jarvis displays it fine even when interface and video calibration are set wrong. Strange.

Edited once, last by Mazert (February 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM).

• Yep I've managed to sort it after messing all the scaling settings some worked for streaming from NAS but not for bbc iplayer, some made interface offscreen when pausing video.

Here's the correct settings.
    Go to settings/interface settings and set zoom to -4, leave video calibration settings as default 0, can move subtitle position in video calibration if you want to.
    Play a video then pause it and move cursor to video icon on the right and set video zoom to 0.95 then choose set for all media.

Now videos from NAS, youtube and iplayer all show the full image and the interface displays perfect :)

The strange thing is when I went to Jarvis and looked at the settings video zoom for media was already set to 0.95, I can't remember ever setting that in Jarvis as I thought it was still set on 1.01 from testing it on another TV, I thought maybe setting -4 zoom in Jarvis automatically set 0.95 for all media but when I set skin zoom back to 0, media zoom stayed at 0.95.

So basically Jarvis and Krypton settings are now exactly the same.

Edited once, last by Mazert (March 2, 2017 at 3:01 PM).