HOw to add a vdr - plugin to LE build?

  • Update: i am currently rebuilding fresh checkout of branch 9.0-vdr-epg - will then check again nitpicks like epg.dat and report back.

    CvH: have you committed everything you did in that branch already?

  • Ok - this here (in vdr.start):

    Code
    ...
    SVDRP_PORT=0
    # epgsearch needs svdrp
    if [ "$ENABLE_EPGSEARCH" == "true" ] ; then
    SVDRP_PORT=6419
    fi
    ...


    is wrong -because the SVDRP - Port is only configured if epgsearch is enabled - this needs to be changed - VDR should be reacheable via svdrp at any time - not only if epgsearch is enabled.

    If the LE-Team does not want that - at least SVDRP needs also to be enabled for EPG2VDR - Plugin

    I think the whole part is obsolete and should look like this:


    Code
    SVDRP_PORT=6419


    and i think that this is wrong too:

    Code
    eval LANG=en_US.UTF-8 VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="$VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE" exec vdr.bin $VDR_ARG


    Why shall VDR always be startet in en_US - Locale if the system might be setup to use another locale?

  • I checked out 9.0-vdr-epg - and i don't get your commits?


    This is what i did:


    git clone ...

    git checkout -b 9.0-vdr-epg

  • This needs to be added to packages/addons/services/vdr-addon/package.mk:


    Code
    mkdir -p $ADDON_BUILD/$PKG_ADDON_ID/config/plugins/epg2vdr
    cp -PR $VDR_PLUGIN_EPG2VDR_DIR/configs/epg.dat $ADDON_BUILD/$PKG_ADDON_ID/config/plugins/epg2vdr
  • Question:


    i backportet to 8.2.3 (my other LE's run that version and they all use a common mysql - Library.


    create_addon does not work under 8.x - how can the addon be assembled?

  • Question:


    i backportet to 8.2.3 (my other LE's run that version and they all use a common mysql - Library.


    create_addon does not work under 8.x - how can the addon be assembled?

    Run ./scripts/build vdr-addon. After that create-addon will work and create the zip.

  • Nope:


    Code
    [email protected]:/nas/develop/LibreElec-8$ PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64  ./scripts/create_addon vdr-addon
    BUILD    vdr-addon (target)
    Executing (target): make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
  • Strange. It has worked fine for me. I'm running vdr 2.3.8 on a LE 8.2.3 system since some weeks without any problems. Here is the diff to the original tree. Maybe it can give you a hint...

  • Maybe try /scripts/create_addon service.multimedia.vdr-addon. I do not remember currently how I created it. I'm currently rebuilding the whole tree to try again, but this will take about three hours or so...

  • PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon vdr-addon

    creates the addon, but the current one in my git is only for LE9 as we had there changes that are not at LE8.2.

    I can't build for 8.2 anymore (my OS is too new) so I won't do a backport.


    If you can show me an changed vdr.start script that it works I could append the git with that, current changes were pushed to git incl the epg.dat

  • this is what happens:


    Code
    [email protected]:/nas/develop/LibreElec-8$ PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon vdr-addon
    BUILD    vdr-addon (target)
    Executing (target): make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    [email protected]:/nas/develop/LibreElec-8$
  • Just did a test build of LE 8 with vdr patched to 2.3.8 and it was successful running these commands:


    Code
    ./scripts/build vdr-addon
    ./scripts/create_addon vdr-addon
    l target/addons/8.2/Generic/x86_64/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/
    total 4428
    drwxrwxr-x 2 linux linux    4096 Mar 18 15:12 resources/
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 linux linux 4529052 Mar 18 15:12 service.multimedia.vdr-addon-8.2.105.zip
  • ./scripts/create_addon vdr-addon

    this is nothing you should do, unexpected things may happen as it takes host stuff into the build


    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon vdr-addon is the correct cmd to build an addon since at least LE7

  • Maybe you could check for differences between your tree and mine:


    Create a test branch:


    Code
    git checkout libreelec-8.2
    git branch test
    git checkout test

    Get the diff from here and apply:


    Code
    patch -p1 < /tmp/vdr-2.3.8-le-8.2

    Then check the differences:

    Code
    git diff -r <your-branch> -r test

    Maybe you unintentionally changed something else during your backporting.