Installing Handbrake on LibreElec

• Hi all,

I would like to post-process my TV recordings and was thinking Handbrake is probably the way to go. However, I can not work out how you can installed Handbrake on LibreElec. I've tried adding various Addon repositories but it is not present.

Does anyone know how to install Handbrake? Or does anyone know of an alternative? What I would like to do is:

- convert my .ts files to an alternative format (e.g. m4v)
    - trim the TV recordings in order to remove the bits before and after the TV show itself

I have LibreElec Kryton v8.0 installed on a RPI3.

• LE is a readonly system, so I think the chances of having handbrake installed is pretty slim - even if a version is available for the RPi3.

However, it could be done with ffmpeg, you'll need read the manual on it as it has a lot of options.

But, a word of reason, the RPi3 is not particularly fast so a half hour TV show could take a couple of hours at least to re-encode. (I must admit, I haven't tried :) )

A quick search came up with ffmpeg -i input.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mpg

Edited once, last by Iridium (February 26, 2017 at 5:47 PM).

• You can install portainer from the linuxserver repo under libreelec repo. With portainer, you can start a docker container. There are a few options out there for handbrake including this one with a full gui: handbrake