Upgrade to LibreELEC

• Hi guys first post here so please be kind, at the minute I have a chromebox running openelec but I want to replace openelec with LibreELEC but not sure on how to go about this, has anyone got or know of a "simple :huh: " way of doing this has I'm a bit thick now a days when it comes to this short of thing. Many thanks and sorry if something like this has been asked before.

• Hi guys first post here so please be kind, at the minute I have a chromebox running openelec but I want to replace openelec with LibreELEC but not sure on how to go about this, has anyone got or know of a "simple :huh: " way of doing this has I'm a bit thick now a days when it comes to this short of thing. Many thanks and sorry if something like this has been asked before.

Hi, I'm new here also, first timer to this, but installed openelec 2 weeks ago then just updated to LibreELEC .. Put LibreELEC update on a usb, then went to update in openelec and just pointed it to the usb file and updated ... last night I updated that to LibreELEC 8 over the net
    Read this for more help
    thread-4449.html

BTW LibreELEC 8 is really the best thing I've done HTPC wise (I used to use plex)

So a big thanks to all the great work by everyone

• Hi, I'm new here also, first timer to this, but installed openelec 2 weeks ago then just updated to LibreELEC .. Put LibreELEC update on a usb, then went to update in openelec and just pointed it to the usb file and updated ... last night I updated that to LibreELEC 8 over the net
    Read this for more help
    thread-4449.html

BTW LibreELEC 8 is really the best thing I've done HTPC wise (I used to use plex)

So a big thanks to all the great work by everyone

Thanks guys, fancy helping an idiot out again, it was all sounding so easy and straight forward until I downloaded the rpi version :blush: now my chromebox is just stuck on the boot screen with a message about invalid argument, any ideas what to do now? cheers

• chromebox is just stuck on the boot screen with a message about invalid argument

I'm a boots & all, so I'd do a factory reset and do a fresh install of LibreELEC 8
    .. BUT .. if you do that you will wipe everything off it, so if you have any valuable data on the chromebox, back that up first

• I'm a boots & all, so I'd do a factory reset and do a fresh install of LibreELEC 8
    .. BUT .. if you do that you will wipe everything off it, so if you have any valuable data on the chromebox, back that up first

Thanks for the reply Pokey, so if I went the full factory reset way is there a step by step video or tutorial I can follow so I don't muck it up and have to come back and bug you guys again for help :D thanks as always for you help it's most appreciated