[S905X] Unknown WLAN chip

• Hi,

I upgraded my M9C Max from Libreelec 8 to CoreElec 9, but the WiFi doesn't work anymore (thread), even after installing the Mecool drivers.

Any hint what the problem might be?

(Yes, it is possible to downgrade from CoreELEC-9.0 to LibreELEC-8.2 and the WiFi works, but the libc version mismatches.)

Edited 3 times, last by Name? (July 24, 2019 at 5:56 PM).

• Hello, could you provide the source data to building the 9082xs.ko kernel module for Ubuntu (Debian)?

The company that released the module will only provide a pre-built module. We assume this is because a) they ripped off someone else's chip design and sharing the source code will make that rather obvious, b) the source code reveals the chip is crap, c) a + b .. so no sources exist.

• Hey guys,

I use a Sunvell T95m 1GB with CE 9.2.2. generic build. Unfortunately I have no wifi. Can you send me a working build for 9082C wifi chip?
    I tried kszaq's links but both are 404. :(

Thank you in advance!

• Hey guys,

I use a Sunvell T95m 1GB with CE 9.2.2. generic build. Unfortunately I have no wifi. Can you send me a working build for 9082C wifi chip?
    I tried kszaq's links but both are 404. :(

Thank you in advance!

if you installed CE, try asking there, this is the LE forum.

• I would have low interest in adding this to LE images as the driver is not in-kernel, but it appears to be supporting Android 11 so the driver can probably be compile on a modern kernel. Let us know if it works?

• That thread reads pretty much as expected. There's a world of difference between "it compiled" and "it works reliably" and drivers for these random no-name chips are normally garbage.