Lirc missing in 7.95.3?

• Hi,

I'm not a dev but I believe that lirc is missing in 7.95.3. For example my MCE remote is not working. Trying to start lirc service from remote gives "service not found". Could someone please advice me how to really proof if lirc is there and how to enable it. Yes, I've enabled it with the add on.

Thanks,

• lirc is there but will only run if you have a valid config at /storage/.config/lircd.conf

Thanks for answering .. fighting hard with linux ... just installed liberelec on my NUC where I had win10 running. Could you please point / or advice me how to get the right config file there.

Thanks

• Hi ojessie
    The setup guide link is my sig, not part of my post - guess I need to make it smaller or something.
    I doubt that's relevant to your situation, even if you're on amlogic (which you haven't said).
    I have a few 'real' MCE remotes / receivers and they all just work (with lirc), without a lircd.conf file in the .config folder.
    On the other hand I have a few media center remotes / receivers that don't work with lirc, and are recognised as keyboard / mouse. Maybe you have one of those?
    What device are you running libreelec on?
    Can you describe your remote / link to a pic?

Edited once, last by trogggy (February 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM).

• Hi ojessie
    The setup guide link is my sig, not part of my post - guess I need to make it smaller or something.
    I doubt that's relevant to your situation, even if you're on amlogic (which you haven't said).
    I have a few 'real' MCE remotes / receivers and they all just work (with lirc), without a lircd.conf file in the .config folder.
    On the other hand I have a few media center remotes / receivers that don't work with lirc, and are recognised as keyboard / mouse. Maybe you have one of those?

Thanks for your answer ... appreciate!
    I'm having an Intel NUC i5 with integrated IR receiver and I'm not having a physical remote. But I can configure (all) remotes with my Harmony Elite. I'm not a dev but I think as long as I'm having the right pairing on my libreelec and Harmony it should work.
    I know that there is a "working" NUC Remote on Harmony but this has very limited functionality.

PS.: I already checked your guide but I'm getting an error message on putty when running the command "remotecfg/storage/.config/testremote.conf ... "-sh: remotecfg: not found"

• Thanks for your answer ... appreciate!
    I'm having an Intel NUC i5 with integrated IR receiver and I'm not having a physical remote. But I can configure (all) remotes with my Harmony Elite. I'm not a dev but I think as long as I'm having the right pairing on my libreelec and Harmony it should work.
    I know that there is a "working" NUC Remote on Harmony but this has very limited functionality.

PS.: I already checked your guide but I'm getting an error message on putty when running the command "remotecfg/storage/.config/testremote.conf ... "-sh: remotecfg: not found"

The guide is for amlogic devices - there's no amremote on your nuc so it won't work.

What remote (device) are you using with your Harmony?

• The guide is for amlogic devices - there's no amremote on your nuc so it won't work.

What remote (device) are you using with your Harmony?

MCE which worked perfect on my NUC when I had Win10 installed

PS: Could you please point me to a guide where I could get my MCE configured for libreelec?

Edited once, last by ojessie (February 19, 2017 at 11:41 AM).

• I'm having the same configured on my Harmony "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE"

Has that worked in older versions of libreelec? I read your thread title as 'This is a new problem with 7.95.3', but maybe I've misunderstood.

What happens when you try to use it (nothing?)?

Edited once, last by trogggy (February 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM).

• Has that worked in older versions of libreelec? I read your thread title as 'This is a new problem with 7.95.3', but maybe I've misunderstood.

What happens when you try to use it (nothing?)?

No, this is my first attempt with libreelec. I did a clean install with the current beta 7.95.3 and since then I'm fighting ;) with it.
    [hr]
    trogggy

Thanks for your support it's really highly appreciated. I got it to work ... at least the majority of keys by installing at the Harmony a different MCE Remote. Thanks for this hint. From that on I'll continue to fine tune the remote.

Best

Edited once, last by ojessie (February 19, 2017 at 2:51 PM).