Problem with HDMI output to TV

• I recently installed LE onto an older HP laptop. When I plug the HDMI cord into the TV it only displays in the top left corner of the TV screen. I found an earlier post suggesting that I check the box to "blank other screens" and then switch the output to HDMI1. However, when I do this both screens go blank and I have to restart the computer. I have used this computer before with Kodi installed on windows and it worked fine on the same TV. Any suggestions?

• an older HP laptop... Can you please be a little less vague on the tech details of your hardware?

Try using SSH to log into your laptop when running LibreELEC and your TV connected.
    Give us the returned URLs from the following commands:

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    xrandr | pastebinit
  • I have exactly the same issue. I'm running an Acer laptop which has a celeron CPU. It's working really well and very quick however when connected to the TV through hdmi the Acer logo is across the full TV screen, but then kodi is only in the left hand corner.
    I cannot login through ssh but can access through file explorer on my windows laptop.

• Thank you for your responses. The laptop is a HP Pavilion with the following specs:
    GPU: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset
    CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz

I also logged in through SSH and received the following URLs:
    1) CBPL
    2) IAeR

• Thank you for your responses. The laptop is a HP Pavilion with the following specs:
    GPU: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset
    CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz

I also logged in through SSH and received the following URLs:
    1) CBPL
    2) IAeR

If your goal is to have the video output to the TV with the laptop screen disabled then SSH and try this below.

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    Code
    echo "xrandr --output LVDS1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

If you need to go back just delete the "autostart.sh" file created.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 19, 2017 at 2:45 AM).

• If your goal is to have the video output to the TV with the laptop screen disabled then SSH and try this below.

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    Code
    echo "xrandr --output LVDS1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

If you need to go back just delete the "autostart.sh" file created.

Worked Perfectly! Thanks!