Continuity counter error

• I think this is a real issue on LibreELEC, running on Ubuntu i have no issues with my Megasat SAT>IP in tvheadend. But running tvheadend on LE i get continuity errors. There is something not ok in LE....can anyone relate to this?

• The htpc system is quite clean, just Intel i5, 16GB, SSD. Only Libreelec Generic. Tvheadend as addon. Using a different (slow) Zotac mini pc on Ubuntu (SD card) was my test. No reoccurring continuities there. Now switched over to raspberry pi 3 and working brilliantly with 4 clients (htpc and raspberry pi's) I have tried the kernel downgrade versions as well but results were the same.

• I have tried both and got the same results. 4.8 and 4.9 gave the same continuity errors for me, but i don't use USB TV cards but only SAT>IP.

I am running tvheadend on a separate Raspberry Pi 3 with Ubuntu (xenial) now. SAT>IP with NAS connected for recordings and 2,5inch harddisk on USB port for timeshifting. OScam with an USB cardreader running as well. Running 4 decoded streams for different transponders at the same time with timeshifting with no more continuous continuity errors issues. Tested full load with all on timeshifting.

It makes me more happy that it's running on a separate server system (pi) 24/7 than all on the htpc (libreelec). More reliable.

• It was all on the same htpc libreelec+tvheadend as add-on. Tried both available add-ons with same results.

Working with a seperate server on a x86 Ubuntu server (first test) and then on raspberry pi 3 gives much better results.

It was realy obvious that running on the same system gives repeated continuity errors.

• It was realy obvious that running on the same system gives repeated continuity errors.

The RPi is known to have a very wacky LAN connection that has big problems with default Sat>IP - this is only a problem if you have Tvh Server at your RPi.

Sat>IP works over UDP which is extremely prone to network errors, the Tvh -> pvr.hts works over TCP which works even at difficult conditions.

You can try if you recable your HTPC (with that Tvh server) to another switch if this helps.

• Believe me, SAT>IP with 4 Encoded HD channels (via oscam) on raspberry pi 3 is working great. Mandatory is an attached USB harddisk instead of flash memory for timeshift and/or recordings.