Posts by wouter1971

It was all on the same htpc libreelec+tvheadend as add-on. Tried both available add-ons with same results.

Working with a seperate server on a x86 Ubuntu server (first test) and then on raspberry pi 3 gives much better results.

It was realy obvious that running on the same system gives repeated continuity errors.

I have tried both and got the same results. 4.8 and 4.9 gave the same continuity errors for me, but i don't use USB TV cards but only SAT>IP.

I am running tvheadend on a separate Raspberry Pi 3 with Ubuntu (xenial) now. SAT>IP with NAS connected for recordings and 2,5inch harddisk on USB port for timeshifting. OScam with an USB cardreader running as well. Running 4 decoded streams for different transponders at the same time with timeshifting with no more continuous continuity errors issues. Tested full load with all on timeshifting.

It makes me more happy that it's running on a separate server system (pi) 24/7 than all on the htpc (libreelec). More reliable.

The htpc system is quite clean, just Intel i5, 16GB, SSD. Only Libreelec Generic. Tvheadend as addon. Using a different (slow) Zotac mini pc on Ubuntu (SD card) was my test. No reoccurring continuities there. Now switched over to raspberry pi 3 and working brilliantly with 4 clients (htpc and raspberry pi's) I have tried the kernel downgrade versions as well but results were the same.

Hello,

I am trying to get TVheadend to work with my FloppyDTV cards (firewire). But i guess the correct drivers are missing for this somewhat older card?
    Anybody who knows how to get these to work under LibreELEC/TVHeadend?

The messages i see with dmesg are:
    [ 28.123005] DVB: registering new adapter (FireDTV S2 )
    [ 28.123102][<ffffffffa0071b41>] ? fdtv_dvb_register+0x91/0x1f0 [firedtv]
    [ 28.123110] [<ffffffffa0072640>] ? node_probe+0x1e0/0x260 [firedtv]
    [ 28.123149] [<ffffffffa0054024>] ? fdtv_init+0x24/0x3e [firedtv]
    [ 28.123343] firedtv fw1.0: DVB initialization failed
    [ 28.169563] firedtv: probe of fw1.0 failed with error -12

Any help is appreciated!