Streamzap Remote not working on 7.95.3 Update

• My streamzap USB IR receiver is not working after updates.
    I tried to update LE from 7.0.3 to 7.95.2 Not working and then 7.0.3 to 7.95.3
    I went back to my back up of 7.0.3 after and all working fine.

When this happened my remote quite working. I set this remote up a long time ago and have went from OE w/ Kodi 15 to now with out issue (at least w/ remote)...

Specs:
    Using a Streamzap USB IR receiver w/ a Harmony 651 Remote
    CPU: Pentium Dual Coure CPU E5800 @ 3.2GHz
    3MB Ram
    GPU: Mesa DRI Intel 645/643

So I am puzzled as to why it worked in 7.0.3 Fine and not either of the RC builds I've tried.
    Here are logs and stuff. If anything else can help to isolate let me know.

Any help or direction? I have to revert back to my back up so this works for my wife tomorrow.
    Please help as I would love to be up to the Krypton! Thanks in advance for any help!!

dmesg
    ir-keytable -v -a /etc/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 2>&1There is an odd error related to streamzap at end of this report... Not remotely well versed enough to know its meaning...
    Thinking it could have to do w/ LIRC settings I disabled this function in LE settings and ran the report again. still showing LIRC as enabled even though setting is toggled off.
    Not sure what that means though...
    IR Keytable w/ LIRC toggled off

lspci
    lsusb
    Full Debug Log

• Could you please test if Milhouse build #0213 fixes your issue? It includes the v4l-utils/ir-keytable update
    LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

so long,

Hias

Thank you for reply and help.
    Updating to latest Millhouse #0213x did not help. Streamzap still unrepsonive. PC still not picking up any activinty. I am not sure if toggling the Enable Lirc setting changes things but tried that with no change.
    No dice. Not working.
    Any suggestions? I saw millhouse included the fix in github comments. Is there another setting I should mess with? It has been working for 2years so I can't remember what all I did to get it working. I know I remapped a bunch of keys. I am reverting back to 7.0.3 for time being.

In case they are helpful here are some logs using latest Milhouse #0213x
    IR Keytable
    dmesglspci
    lsusb
    Full Debug Log
    [hr]

Kodi remote on ios still working fine with all updates I've tried by the way. I know thats completely different just saying.
    I went bak to 7.0.3
    If its helpful to compare here are same logs using 7.0.3 I looked at both and look the same to this untrained eye...
    The only thing I havent tried is a completely fresh install. Just would rather not if possible (and not sure what good that would do??)
    IR Keytable
    dmesglspci
    lsusb
    Full Debug Log

Edited once, last by dwkodi15 (February 14, 2017 at 5:10 AM).

• Thanks for the info!

I could now reproduce the issue locally (using gpio-ir-recv on RPi with the rc-streamzap keymap) and it looks like we are facing 3 issues here:

1) The kernel doesn't seem to automatically load the rc5 protocol decoder (which handles the "rc-5-sz" RC5 streamzap protocol) when the streamzap module is loaded.. LE 7.0.x / kernel 4.4 dmesg contains the line "IR RC5(x/sz) protocol handler initialized" which is missing in 4.9/4.10 kernel logs. This seems to be a kernel bug.

2) The fallback, ir-keytable -a, fails for 2 reasons:
    2.1) ir-keytable in LE was too old and didn't know about the RC5 streamzap protocol - the v4l-utils bump fixes this.
    2.2) even with the newer ir-keytable the streamzap keymap won't load because the protocol type "RC5_SZ" is invalid - that should be "rc-5-sz" instead.

Simply speaking: in LE 7.0 the kernel setup your remote correctly, but in LE 7.95 that fails. ir-keytable also failed in LE 7.0 but that probably wasn't noticed before.

I've just added another commit to the PR that fixes the illegal protocol in the file. That fix should be included in the next Milhouse build #0214. Please test if that works for you and report back.

so long,

Hias

• DAMN!!! That is some exceptional service. You are true asset to the community. I wish I had more time to learn and contribute. But just enough to be a user : )
    I hope this can help others with a Frankenstein Kodi setup like me

Thanks so much and I will report back on the #0214 build.
    [hr]
    It works! The milhouse build did work for the streamzap. Great work.

However now I'm stuck as I love to use Aeon Nox Silvo Mod skin and its only up to Krypton.
    Do you think this could get merged into the LE 8 release? I'm not nearly familiar enough to submit something through github or however you do it...

It did fix the problem but now I'm too advanced. I would honestly prefer a stable release as this is my wife's little set up too. And Aeon Nox Silvo allows me to make kodi wife friendly...

Edited once, last by dwkodi15 (February 15, 2017 at 4:39 AM).