Mac formatted HDD

• Hi, I have Latest LibreELEC up and running on my Minix NEO U1. I wanted to keep the android (just in case) and that's why I installed LibreELEC on USB flash disk.
    Everything works fine and I really like how KODI is much snappier and faster, especially the internet connection. KODI on android is like a snail compare to LibreELEC. Really amazing. Now I need to fix these two issues:

1. I have an external HDD, 4TB western digital, mac formatted. I used to have it connected to Airport Extreme, but it's much faster when connected straight to Minix device. But when I restart the device, it won't boot to LibreELEC. Only to recovery mode, when the external hdd is plugged in. When I remove it, the device boots to LibreELEC as normal. So is there any way to fix this?

2. My second issue is also related to external HDD. I see it on the network, but I can't copy anything onto it. It just gives me an error. Is it because it's mac formatted? Because I thought that Linux machines have no problem with mac HDDs.

Thanks for any help
    M.

• I'm not sure. There maybe scripts in the unofficial builds you are using to try and boot from external storage.
    • using HFS+ formatted disks in linux will mount them read only when journaling is enabled. So you have two options:

• disable journaling (not recommended)
      • format the external drive to exfat (useable on all operating systems) (you'll have to move all the data on the disk, format and move the data back).

• I have an external HDD, 4TB western digital, mac formatted.

Mac Formated ??? What format did you use in Disk Utility to format. ?? Plug it into your Mac and Get Info.

My second issue is also related to external HDD. I see it on the network, but I can't copy anything onto it. It just gives me an error.

I am not being smart but are you trying to copy files larger than 4.2gb ?? This may have something to do with the Format of the hard drive
    or you may only have read only in permissions.
    Should set hard drive to read/write permissions everyone on your mac.

But when I restart the device, it won't boot to LibreELEC. Only to recovery mode, when the external hdd is plugged in. When I remove it, the device boots to LibreELEC as normal.

That is strange as i thought that USB LE could only boot from one USB Port. Since you are booting from one USB Port already , i don't know what is happening there. kszaq can confirm my thoughts on this as wrong.

• You can try switching USB ports where you connect the drive you boot from and where you connect your external HDD. U-boot is told by a script to try to boot from a first USB drive but I don't know how it assigns numbers to drives, i.e. which drive is considered to be the first. Maybe switching ports can fix it.

• There is three ports on the side and I tried 2 and it boot from both. Will try the third one too then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    Thanks for all the help. Last question. How do I update LibreELEC if there is a newer release? Let's say from 7.95 beta5 to beta6? thanks

Edited once, last by Martynet (February 12, 2017 at 11:28 AM).