Still problems with shared database on boot!

• Of course. But, LibreELEC can sometimes boot too quickly for its own good. The "Wait for Network" option is not for the NAS, it's for the LibreELEC device. Other than that, I don't think we can add any more information on that subject.

If the network connection is not the problem, it will be the database connection itself. Double-check your kodi.log file for database connect issues.

This feels llikei have pusuade somebody of seeing an UFO. Why can't anybody in this thread just except that it's just a problem with libre-elec and work on a real solution? Boy this whole discussion is giving me a great feeling about ever giving feedback about a bug... NOT...

• I suppose it feels like that if you ignore all the answers that are right in front of you.

Have you even read what I've done? Then you should know that I've done exactly what everybody said I should do. So no need to make accusations like that. I know that I have to try everything people give as possible answers to the problem. The problem is just not resolved. So that is why I'm saying it just might be a bug in the software, even though everybody is convinced it is not.

• Official Post

If you ticked "wait for network" you have basically done everything that is needed from OS side. If Kodi can't handle the mysql db for some reason even if the network is there then something else is very likely the problem.

You could check if you have an correct time directly at boot for example.

If it is a Kodi problem then you can't expect much help as MySQL db is not supported and nobody likes to fixes things there :/

• Have you even read what I've done? Then you should know that I've done exactly what everybody said I should do. So no need to make accusations like that. I know that I have to try everything people give as possible answers to the problem. The problem is just not resolved. So that is why I'm saying it just might be a bug in the software, even though everybody is convinced it is not.

Yes I have. There is no accusation from my side, if you are still claiming that it's an LE issue after having the problem explained for you several times then you are ignoring the answers. I've personally used the workarounds mentioned in this thread successfully, it's a well known KODI issue.

• Frits1980 it would help your cause if you provided a Kodi debug log that shows it attempting (and presumably failing) to connect to the DB. It would be good to see what error message is captured?

I will get this and post it before the end the week.

[Edit] sorry, forgot to download the logfile[/edit]

Yes I have. There is no accusation from my side, if you are still claiming that it's an LE issue after having the problem explained for you several times then you are ignoring the answers. I've personally used the workarounds mentioned in this thread successfully, it's a well known KODI issue.

I will start with a clean install and do only the wait for network and videodatabase settings and see if it works again. I'll let you know before the end of the week too.

[Edit] tried the clean install with only the wait for network timer on 10 and tries 30 seconds. No luck. But I did read somewhere that someone had luck with osmc, tried that rebooted it about 6 six times and have connection to DB each time. So I'm kinda done with this discussion and transfer myself away from this forum. To be honest, the fact that it works out of the box with osmc tells me enough about LE. Because Kodi is the same version (17.6). But I presume your answer is going to be that it must be something I did wrong, or that it still is a Kodi problem and that DB is not supported. Go ahead, I don't care anymore. BTW, I know that DB is in "beta" with the Kodi team, though it is like that for about 8 year now. You could ask yourself how true that is or that nobody bothers to change the status. Well, that is enough from my end. Happy bashing! [/Edit]

Edited once, last by Frits1980 (July 6, 2018 at 11:09 PM).