Posts by Frits1980

Frits1980 it would help your cause if you provided a Kodi debug log that shows it attempting (and presumably failing) to connect to the DB. It would be good to see what error message is captured?

I will get this and post it before the end the week.

[Edit] sorry, forgot to download the logfile[/edit]

Yes I have. There is no accusation from my side, if you are still claiming that it's an LE issue after having the problem explained for you several times then you are ignoring the answers. I've personally used the workarounds mentioned in this thread successfully, it's a well known KODI issue.

I will start with a clean install and do only the wait for network and videodatabase settings and see if it works again. I'll let you know before the end of the week too.

[Edit] tried the clean install with only the wait for network timer on 10 and tries 30 seconds. No luck. But I did read somewhere that someone had luck with osmc, tried that rebooted it about 6 six times and have connection to DB each time. So I'm kinda done with this discussion and transfer myself away from this forum. To be honest, the fact that it works out of the box with osmc tells me enough about LE. Because Kodi is the same version (17.6). But I presume your answer is going to be that it must be something I did wrong, or that it still is a Kodi problem and that DB is not supported. Go ahead, I don't care anymore. BTW, I know that DB is in "beta" with the Kodi team, though it is like that for about 8 year now. You could ask yourself how true that is or that nobody bothers to change the status. Well, that is enough from my end. Happy bashing! [/Edit]

I suppose it feels like that if you ignore all the answers that are right in front of you.

Have you even read what I've done? Then you should know that I've done exactly what everybody said I should do. So no need to make accusations like that. I know that I have to try everything people give as possible answers to the problem. The problem is just not resolved. So that is why I'm saying it just might be a bug in the software, even though everybody is convinced it is not.

Of course. But, LibreELEC can sometimes boot too quickly for its own good. The "Wait for Network" option is not for the NAS, it's for the LibreELEC device. Other than that, I don't think we can add any more information on that subject.

If the network connection is not the problem, it will be the database connection itself. Double-check your kodi.log file for database connect issues.

This feels llikei have pusuade somebody of seeing an UFO. Why can't anybody in this thread just except that it's just a problem with libre-elec and work on a real solution? Boy this whole discussion is giving me a great feeling about ever giving feedback about a bug... NOT...

There's no need for autostart.sh and a 10 second delay in wait for network is normally fine so if it's not working after 30+ seconds either your NAS is broken or you have another problem. Are you connecting on the right ports? .. correct credentials?

There is nothing wrong with my NAS, since I can connect perfectly from within kodi on Windows and Linux. I copy my advancedsettings.xml file to all platforms, so that is not the issue.

I never work with names, only ip addresses. That's the only reliable solution to networking.

Enabled the "wait for network" timer for ~10 seconds and delay Kodi startup until the network is ready. If you're one of those people who sleeps their NAS and disks that 20 seconds to spin up before the DB is accessible; set a longer time.

Thanks for clearing that up, so the sleep 30 in the autostart.sh and the wait for network of 300 sec in kodi should do the trick? NAS never sleeps at my place. Those are the settings it's currently on, and while I am connected to mysql on my phone kodi still can't. Am I still missing a work around? Or could it be possible that there is more to it then meets the eye?

MySQL db is a overall not supported feature from Kodi, it works for some ppl at LE for some not.

A lot ppl are using emby as backend these days and the "kodi for emby" addon. It works and offers everything an MySQL db has and a lot more.

Thanks for your answer, I've tried emby but didn't understand how it could work like tinydb or mysql. All I want is to be able to see my watched state on multiple instances of kodi. I just don't understand why that should be so hard.

If the work-around is simple can you please tell me what it is for the sake of summarizing this topic? Because all I can find as "solutions" do not work.

I know the whole thing is developed by enthusiastic people in their spare time. So I also understand the reason why this is not a priority. But maybe, libre-elec should then put a sort of warning in the wiki about what features of kodi don't work on their platform.

I'm here agreeing with the people told there is a solution. Because there is not. It's called a work-around. I'm having the same issue, but soon enough I'm going to be told my network hardware is too good and I should have stuck to old crappy hardware. Or create a rediculous delay in something that shouldn't have a delay. The fact remains that the bug might be in kodi, but the problem only presents itself with libre-elec. Which is in my eyes something libre-elec developers should try to solve or maybe tell us which bug in kodi we are talking about so we can address a different set of developers for this problem.

And for the record I'm an electrical engineer. So I can't do it myself, if I could I would.

[Edit]

What my libre-elec does at this point/what I tried: network wait time = 300 sec. Sleep 30 on splash screen. Disabled IPv6 in cmdline.txt. But still no DB connection, ever.

[/Edit]