Beta 7.95.3 Wetek Play 2 - Audio Passthrough Not Working

• Hi,

I've updated my Wetek Play2 to the 7.95.3 Beta on SD card.

I was using a 7.0 version before, and all the audio passthrough options were working great with my Denon AVR - AC-3 and EAC-3 passthrough in 2.0 and 5.1.

However on 7.95.3 the passthrough is not working. The settings are all there and enabled but they are being ignored. The device is set to ALSA HDMI for passthrough, and AC-3, EAC-3, DTS etc. are all ticked, but the audio output to the amp just remains "Stereo" which is the standard PCM device from the Wetek Play2.

The videos in question are live TV channels through TVHeadend. These channels are all 1080i50/720p50 AVC video with either E-AC3 2.0 128kbps/E-AC3 5.1 192kbps soundtracks or AC-3 2.0 192kbps/AC-3 5.1 384-448kbps soundtracks. The amp does not switch to DD/DD+ when these channels are playing and I just get a downmixed stereo track.

• Just to add to this, the problems only seem to happen with TVHeadend Live TV services.

If I take a TV recording file (MKV) with AC3 or E-AC3 sound and open it directly from storage in the movies section of Kodi, the passthrough works perfectly.

So it seems the problem is just with passthrough on TVHeadend's HTSP streams.

• I have been reprimanded for complaining about this here before, but unfortunately passthrough with livetv on Krypton has been intentionally dropped.

This is a decision made by the Kodi devs. No more passthrough with livetv, period!

See this discussion, it's one of many. Audio Passthrough on LiveTV

• Ahh thanks!

As far as I could tell it always seemed to work pretty well before.

I get PCM or transcoded AC3 5.1 OK, but annoyingly it's stereo or nothing now on a lot of TV channels that are Pro Logic encoded E-AC3 2.0 - so I no longer get what's intended through the back speakers. :(