Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Please refer a few post back, someone had the same problem and managed to fix it by resaving the package file

• I just pushed an update to deal with this problem.

• Not working for my w95 android box. we need an different dtb.img..the ones for s905x doesnt works that great. and also the resolution looks a big problem for me, im using crt tv with rca ,need to set it to 480p before boot, tips?

• Not sure about CVBS but check the autostart.sh so you could maybe force it to 480cvbs.

it is very important to use the correct dtb tho.

LibreELEC.tv/autostart.sh at Sx05RE_8.2 · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

the problem is not dtb. i already use it on normal libreelec build!

The problem here is that i need cvbs 480p default installation....cant use the system or enter into autostart.sh to config it...system will not install correctly without proper video mode setted up on install process

• jasonhelene Try to run fw_setenv cvbsmode 486cvbs and fw_setenv outputmode 486cvbs in SSH console.

Hello, thanks for your reply sir!

I created an autostart.sh file with: echo 480cvbs > /sys/class/display/mode

It worked on LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img (but with this one the system changes output resolution and the emulation station and retroarch doesnt, i need to find a way to force both to follow the 480p resolution of the tv)....

but Sx095re i cant even boot, i see the logo total broken and with artifacts and then blackscreen! ( is there a way to set this resolution using file manager on sd card or something? because it wont boot up and give me ssh =x

I was able to use retropie here with raspberry and rca with 720x480 ntsc mode.

obs:

using fw_setenv cvbsmode 486cvbs gave me blackscreen, i was able to get back by using:  echo 480cvbs > /sys/class/display/mode 

Any tips on how do i make 480cvbs mode permanent and make it apply to retroarch and emulationstation without ssh?

Im using AV output not hdmi

• niabi can you please implement something like this?

I am afraid not, for starters I have no such TV to test, nor a system that can output CVBS my device only has HDMI.

but Sx095re i cant even boot, i see the logo total broken and with artifacts and then blackscreen! ( is there a way to set this resolution using file manager on sd card or something? because it wont boot up and give me ssh =x

I assume the reason is because my distribution has no logo that works on that resolution.

After you get the black screen, can you connect to Samba share and load the autostart.sh to make your necessary changes? and reboot?

• I am afraid not, for starters I have no such TV to test, nor a system that can output CVBS my device only has HDMI.

I assume the reason is because my distribution has no logo that works on that resolution.

After you get the black screen, can you connect to Samba share and load the autostart.sh to make your necessary changes? and reboot?

i cant because i cant see anything, is there a way to use my arch linux install to access the sdcard partition and change some config files to make it work?

• i cant because i cant see anything, is there a way to use my arch linux install to access the sdcard partition and change some config files to make it work?

Sorry, I meant to say, using another device (computer/mobile) can you connect to the samba share.

• Sorry, I meant to say, using another device (computer/mobile) can you connect to the samba share.

i cant because i do use wireless connection and i cant set anything with black screen and i also dont have other tv.

without 480p resolution i cant use it.

Is there anyway to install emulationstation into libreelec as addon and set its resolution instead of using pre made system?

• i cant because i do use wireless connection and i cant set anything with black screen and i also dont have other tv.

without 480p resolution i cant use it.

Is there anyway to install emulationstation into libreelec as addon and set its resolution instead of using pre made system?

I don't see why that would matter, you don't need another TV just a computer/mobile connected to the same network.

Anyways you can use various add-ons that use RetroArch, one of them is the IARL launcher GitHub - zach-morris/plugin.program.iarl: Internet Archive ROM Launcher (IARL) will download ROMs from the Internet Archive and launch them with Kodi

there is another one called "Bolts-On!" but its banned on this forum.

you could also use Lakka Lakka - The DIY open source retrogaming emulation console directly and hopefully they have made the changes to output CVBS, it doesn't use EmulationStation tho.