Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Hi,

I have a couple of other minor issues regarding a build for S805 devices if anybody could spare some time to help please? Thanks.

The issues are concerning Retroarch.

The first issue is that after compiling the build it creates directories in /storage/ and work directories in /storage/.tmp/ for cores, assets etc. Retroarch looks for all the cores and assets in /.tmp/* by default but there's nothing in those folders so there are no cores or assets present when using Retroarch, I can set the directories in Retroarch settings but obviously I want it to point to the correct folders without having to set everything up manually. So can anybody explain to me how I can stop the build from creating multiple directories for all of these assets and just have Retroarch look for them in the correct directories from the get-go?

For example for cores, there are two directories created upon compiling

Code
    /storage/cores/
    /storage/.tmp/cores-workdir/

None of which actually contain any cores as the correct directory for them is in /usr/lib/libretro/ so I've no idea what's going on or why it's doing this so I'm just wondering how I could resolve it.

My second small issue is that when quitting Retroarch it boots into EmulationStation by default, there is an 'exit' patch in the RetroArch package directory where it makes RetroArch look for a line in the Retroarch config file that looks like this:

Code
    sx05re_exit_to_kodi = True

But this line doesn't exist in the Retroarch config, is there a way I can compile with this line added, or if possible, is there a way I can set Retroarch to quit to either Kodi or EmulationStation depending on where it was launched from? So if a user launches it from Kodi then it will quit to Kodi and if someone launches it via EmulationStation then it quits back to EmulationStation?

Thanks for any advice that can be offered. I hope I've explained my issues well enough for you to understand.

• Code

had to be added manually to retroarch config file.

About the other issues not sure why there is no cores in those folders as when it builds it should automatically create all the files needed, did you modify the source in any way when building?

I don't have a S805 device to test, so I am not sure why this is happening.

• Code

had to be added manually to retroarch config file.

About the other issues not sure why there is no cores in those folders as when it builds it should automatically create all the files needed, did you modify the source in any way when building?

No, I’ve not modified anything in the source regarding Retroarch, the cores are all in the /usr/lib directory and assets etc in other /usr/ directories.

• Also I have compiled for my S905 box but it will not boot at all.

I get:

Code
    ***Error in prepare_sysroot: mount common: Could  not mount /flash/SYSTEM ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

I have tried adding 'noram' to cmdline_config in the linux.arm.conf file which is what fixed it with my S805 build but that fix isn't working on S905.

• Hello,

I have installed Kazqs latest Build for s905x and from a Tutorial in Freaktab I´ve installed Emulationstation/Retroarch as program add-on. Everything works fine! But the only thing that doesn't work , is the video preview for Games. I updated EmuStation today with your binary from the latest sx095 build, but the Videos doesn't show up. Path, videos everything is correct in gamelist.xml. Is there a player missing, which plays the .mp4 Vidz in EmuStation?! And if so, how can install it on the Libreelec Box, cause apt-get is forbidden :( ... Thanx in advance for Tipps.

Greetz J.

• Hello,

I have installed Kazqs latest Build for s905x and from a Tutorial in Freaktab I´ve installed Emulationstation/Retroarch as program add-on. Everything works fine! But the only thing that doesn't work , is the video preview for Games. I updated EmuStation today with your binary from the latest sx095 build, but the Videos doesn't show up. Path, videos everything is correct in gamelist.xml. Is there a player missing, which plays the .mp4 Vidz in EmuStation?! And if so, how can install it on the Libreelec Box, cause apt-get is forbidden :( ... Thanx in advance for Tipps.

Greetz J.

I could be wrong but I believe it is possibly VLC that is used for video previews, also I believe you need to add the videos manually.

• I could be wrong but I believe it is possibly VLC that is used for video previews, also I believe you need to add the videos manually.

Yeah thats what I thought, I mean the videos are there, BUT I must install VLC to LibreElec or EmuStation. But I do not know how, cause Librelec forbids install via apt-get. I can only get the install files via curl and then install via tar (this is how I installed the EmulationStation from

"EmulationStation_S905.tgz" as a AddOn in Kodi). I would be very thankful if someone has a workaround to fix that. I mean everything works fine, with Pictures and Boxart... But if can get the Videos to work, it would put the crown on the top :D ... Thanks!!!

• Yeah thats what I thought, I mean the videos are there, BUT I must install VLC to LibreElec or EmuStation. But I do not know how, cause Librelec forbids install via apt-get. I can only get the install files via curl and then install via tar (this is how I installed the EmulationStation from

"EmulationStation_S905.tgz" as a AddOn in Kodi). I would be very thankful if someone has a workaround to fix that. I mean everything works fine, with Pictures and Boxart... But if can get the Videos to work, it would put the crown on the top :D ... Thanks!!!

Can't help with that one, I believe it needs to be compiled from source along with LibreELEC, Niabi's Sx05RE includes it however.

• I tried this too ... BUT if updated Kodi with Kazqs last 8.2.3.2 .tar it was all gone, only kodi was on the SD Card. All Folders of Emustation were gone. Did i something wrong to update this way. Cause if i can update Kodi Niabis build, i would use this build.... thanks for answer and help.

Can't help with that one, I believe it needs to be compiled from source along with LibreELEC, Niabi's Sx05RE includes it however.

• About the other issues not sure why there is no cores in those folders as when it builds it should automatically create all the files needed, did you modify the source in any way when building?

Hi,

I have found a bit more information about the issues I am having, when the device first boots I receive this error message:

Code
    [FAILED] failed to mount Core directory
    See 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' for details

I receive this message for all of the RetroArch directories - Database, Cores, Assets, Shaders and Joypad

When I access the box via SSH and run the suggested command, for example, 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' it outputs this:

Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, this happens with every mount file for the RetroArch directories.

• New Question. If I had a newer libretto core like the ones in "lib/libretro", how do I update it, cause the filesystem is read only. And I tried anything to get it writeable. I know is for security reasons , but I must really use this .so libretto core, cause with this I have on another 905X box, with emulationstaion/retroarch, no sound issues on psx games. Thanks for helping in advance.

• New Question. If I had a newer libretto core like the ones in "lib/libretro", how do I update it, cause the filesystem is read only. And I tried anything to get it writeable. I know is for security reasons , but I must really use this .so libretto core, cause with this I have on another 905X box, with emulationstaion/retroarch, no sound issues on psx games. Thanks for helping in advance.

You need to use the core updater in RetroArch, or you could place the core in a writable folder within /storage/ and go into RetroArch directory settings and change the core folder to the one containing the new core each time you want to use it

• Hi,

I have found a bit more information about the issues I am having, when the device first boots I receive this error message:

Code
    [FAILED] failed to mount Core directory
    See 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' for details

I receive this message for all of the RetroArch directories - Database, Cores, Assets, Shaders and Joypad

When I access the box via SSH and run the suggested command, for example, 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' it outputs this:

Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, this happens with every mount file for the RetroArch directories.

Sorry I haven't really had time to check all this, and with my dev laptop being so shitty it takes ages to compile, but I will check it tonight directly on my clean S905 and I will let you know.

• I could be wrong but I believe it is possibly VLC that is used for video previews, also I believe you need to add the videos manually.

Hello,

Greetz J.

it needs VLC, not sure how to add it after its compiled, sorry.

• Sorry I haven't really had time to check all this, and with my dev laptop being so shitty it takes ages to compile, but I will check it tonight directly on my clean S905 and I will let you know.

Thanks, It's my S805 build that won't mount the Retroarch directories, which is the main build I am wanting to get sorted. I have built for S905 aswell but that won't boot at all. Even with the correct DTB.