New with LibreElec

• Hi,
    Could you tell me if LibreElec allows to have in the background Transmission to control it from the mobile, while another close-up addon is executed in the TV?

Are there any plans to support the SOC Realtek RTD1295? I find it a great choice. :huh:

Thank you

• Are there any plans to support the SOC Realtek RTD1295? I find it a great choice.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. AFAIK nobody provided this Realtek device to any of der LE developers. What makes you think that it is a great choice? Can't see big advantages over an Amlogic S905 and it is more expensive.

Gerald

• I wouldn't hold my breath for that. AFAIK nobody provided this Realtek device to any of der LE developers. What makes you think that it is a great choice? Can't see big advantages over an Amlogic S905 and it is more expensive.

Gerald

I had the opportunity to try a Zidoo and the truth that the image quality in some test videos that I could download, I seemed fanatastic and without pixelations indistinctly of the format.
    The quality was better to my Minix U1. Also the tv has 3D and here I also saw quite easy. At Kodi level the appraisal did not stand out as much as locally. For me the SOC 905 is a great option and it's a shame that Realtek has not taken the step of giving up units.

About the doubt:Could you tell me if LibreElec allows to have in the background Transmission to control it from the mobile, while another close-up addon is executed in the TV?

Can you tell me if it's possible?

Thank you

• There are Docker solutions for things stuff Transmission.

As far as the Realtek RTD1295, we haven't have that many good experiences when it comes to Realtek Linux support of say, wireless solutions. Moreover, there are also other socs/chipsets/boards that are possible 'devices of interest' for us.

And frankly, we have our hands full with the currently running projects as is.

• There are Docker solutions for things stuff Transmission.

As far as the Realtek RTD1295, we haven't have that many good experiences when it comes to Realtek Linux support of say, wireless solutions. Moreover, there are also other socs/chipsets/boards that are possible 'devices of interest' for us.

And frankly, we have our hands full with the currently running projects as is.

Thank you very much for the reply.

I understand then that it is not possible to run Transmission in the background and a Kodi addon in the foreground.

I do not understand docker, but I understand that it is not possible, is it?

• Yes, it's possible to run a torrent client in the background and to run another add-on in the foreground. Issues arise when it's a low-power device and the torrent client stealing a 40GB sized BR rip overwhelms the CPU while also trying to run a badly written pirate streaming add-on. If that doesn't run we're delighted. That's not what our distro or Kodi is about.

And there is sub-zero interest in making LE run on Realtek SoC's designed for Android. They can use Kodi on Android.