Community forum for S802 devices

• @dreischel The only time I saw this issue was on a S905 box when u-boot supplied wrong command line arguments to recovery. Have you tried flashing factory ROM via USB Burning Tool? Also remove aml_autoscript from SD card as it may corrupt the boot process somehow.

The box is not found when I connect it to the pc by otg. I think that the main plate is probably corrupted somehow, because I could connect it a few weeks ago without problems . But when I have the serial debug board I will check what the box is doing (or not) after power on.^^

• I have the original MXIII s802 1gb (ram) box, unfortunately this firmware doesn't run on it. It flashes allright, reboots, shows the libreelec logo, and then freezes. Since i bought the mxiii 1gb box i only got troubles with it. It seems most openelec/amlinux/libreelec arm builds are build for the 2gb version of the box. Only an old openelec amlinux from the russions runs (but with no deinterlacing so for me unusuable). I have been regretting not buying the 2gb version ( just to save a few bucks ) each day. A foolish decision it was...

Would my observation that there is no working 7.x build for s802 1gb mxiii box be right?

• I uploaded a newer version: 7.0.2

freeque
    "mali irq sharing" is activated in this build, so you could try if it solves the problem with the PVR addon.

dipswitch
    I think the problem could be a missing dtd file for the 1GB version in this build.

What do you mean with "the russians"?

• I uploaded a newer version: 7.0.2

freeque
    "mali irq sharing" is activated in this build, so you could try if it solves the problem with the PVR addon.

dipswitch
    I think the problem could be a missing dtd file for the 1GB version in this build.

What do you mean with "the russians"?

Thanks for the reply. The only openelec build i got to "work" on my mxiii was one from http://amlinux.ru/image , i was under the impression that these where russion builds?

I dont know what a dtd file is, is this something i can do myself?

• Thanks for the reply. The only openelec build i got to "work" on my mxiii was one from http://amlinux.ru/image , i was under the impression that these where russion builds?

I dont know what a dtd file is, is this something i can do myself?

The builds on amlinux.ru are from kerber who is from Russia. Sounded for me that you are talking about all russians.^^ I see people, not countries, if you understand what I mean. I can try to make a build with the right dtd included. Can you send me a link to an android firmware for your 1GB device? So I can better figure out which dtd is the right one for your box.

• The builds on amlinux.ru are from kerber who is from Russia. Sounded for me that you are talking about all russians.^^ I see people, not countries, if you understand what I mean. I can try to make a build with the right dtd included. Can you send me a link to an android firmware for your 1GB device? So I can better figure out which dtd is the right one for your box.

I didnt mean anything negative about russians or the maker of the firmware, it was just a matter of expression... Im not entirely sure where to find the firmware. Im going to search for it and come back to you soon.

• The builds on amlinux.ru are from kerber who is from Russia. Sounded for me that you are talking about all russians.^^ I see people, not countries, if you understand what I mean. I can try to make a build with the right dtd included. Can you send me a link to an android firmware for your 1GB device? So I can better figure out which dtd is the right one for your box.

I've installed this version yesterday and my problem still there unfortunately:(

• This should be the firmware for my box:

Download KitKat 4.4.2 114k4 firmware for Tronsmart MXIII

Okay, I will make another build with the dtd for your device included and let you know when it's uploaded.

I've installed this version yesterday and my problem still there unfortunately

Hmmm! Could you post your kodi.log? It maybe give us some information about the problem.

Another thing: My new S802 box is also a MXIII with 2G. My problem is, that I cannot wake it up by remote control. Do you also have this problem, freeque?

• Hmmm! Could you post your kodi.log? It maybe give us some information about the problem.

Another thing: My new S802 box is also a MXIII with 2G. My problem is, that I cannot wake it up by remote control. Do you also have this problem, freeque?

Here is my kodi.log, i've tried to watch PVR with amcodec and without.

And yes, I have problem with wake up by remote. It just reboots:)

• It has something to do with the following I guess:

Code
    08:37:37 T:2497704864 ERROR: Unable to load libamplayer.so, reason: libamplayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    08:37:37 T:2497704864 WARNING: CAMLCodec::CAMLCodec libamplayer.so not found, trying libamcodec.so instead

Can't say if it's a bug in the Amcodec or in the pvr client. But maybe someone else have an idea.

• I made a new build for S82 2G devices with some improvements. It's the version 7.0.2-1. It can be downloaded here: Index of /LibreElec/S82

Code
    Working:
    - 3D mode auto switching
    - 4k resolutions
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LAN

Not Working yet:
    - Power off (is rebooting instead)

Credits to Codesnake, Kerber, Kszaq (in alphabetical order) and a lot others which made this possible.

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 10, 2016 at 9:52 PM).

• Glad to hear that.

dipswitch
    I compiled a version with a dtd file for 1G Devices. Please test it and let me know if it worked or not. Here is the link to the build: Index of /LibreElec/MXIII-1G

I was able to install this version. It boots up, after showing the bootloader logo it gives a short error in red while booting, after that it shows the kodi logo and starts libreelec.

My observations: pvr works fine, i'm using the dvblink plugin at this moment. I do not have the video settings which i am used to in the x86 version of libreelec. No deinterlacing of any kind. My mce remote doesnt work (it did in the build from amlinux.ru). When i turn off the device from within the menu it turns off my tv through CEC and the mxiii reboots.

• I was able to install this version. It boots up, after showing the bootloader logo it gives a short error in red while booting, after that it shows the kodi logo and starts libreelec.

My observations: pvr works fine, i'm using the dvblink plugin at this moment. I do not have the video settings which i am used to in the x86 version of libreelec. No deinterlacing of any kind. My mce remote doesnt work (it did in the build from amlinux.ru). When i turn off the device from within the menu it turns off my tv through CEC and the mxiii reboots.

That's great news!

No deinterlacing of any kind

If there would be some kind of deinterlacing, where would I find the settings in Kodi?

My mce remote doesnt work (it did in the build from amlinux.ru)

Can you tell me the exact version you used from amlinux.ru?

When i turn off the device from within the menu it turns off my tv through CEC and the mxiii reboots.

Yes, power off doesn't work yet.

PS: Uploaded the 7.0.2-1 version for the 1G device. But it won't fix the problems you have.

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM).

• That's great news!

If there would be some kind of deinterlacing, where would I find the settings in Kodi?

Can you tell me the exact version you used from amlinux.ru?

Yes, power off doesn't work yet.

Settings such as deinterlacing are accessable while playing video and then choosing "video settings" (see attachment, image from my x86 openelec htpc). I used to run "OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S82-6.0.0"