Milhouse Build for imx6

• Good evening,

I routinely download the latest Milhouse build for my Raspberry Pi 3 and I love the builds. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction on how to compile the same build but for the imx6? I like to keep my boxes on the same build.

If this is something that was asked before, feel free to point me to the thread, I didn't find it while searching.

Thank you
    Pierre

• The following post on the Kodi forum gives details of how to run my build scripts:

Python not building

My scripts might work for you as per the instructions in the thread, or you might need to tweak some of the dependencies depending on your OS. If you're already building LibreELEC using the standard build instructions ("PROJECT=imx6 ARCH=arm make release" etc.) then you shouldn't have too many issues - just make sure you install the dependencies required by my scripts (pv pxz pigz pastebinit patchutils).

Once you're setup (don't skip any steps in the post!) you can try "PROFILE=imx6 ./autobuild.sh" although I don't build the IMX6 project myself so have no idea if it will build successfully from LibreELEC master (in theory, it should). If you want to build from the libreelec-8.0 branch (with Kodi 17 final) then use "PROFILE=imx6-stable ./autobuild.sh"

Note that with my scripts when building with "PROFILE=imx6" you're basically building multiple moving targets - you're building latest LE master, latest Kodi master, and the latest masters for over a dozen different addons and libraries (libnfs/libcec), all of which are being updated daily (sometimes several times a day) with changes that can break your build. I update (at least once a day) oebuild.tar.gz with the latest commits and configuration changes to achieve a successful build but of course I'm only building for RPi/RPi2/Generic so you may need to resolve any IMX6-specific breakages yourself.

With "PROFILE=imx6-stable" you're building the LibreELEC/Kodi/addon/libnfs/libcec/etc. versions that are configured in LibreELEC branch libreelec-8.0, which should result in a more stable/predictable/reliable build environment.

• Thank you for this valuable information. I will follow the thread and see if I can make it work. :)

• Milhouse,

Your information was useful. I first tried to build for the Raspberry Pi 3 (using the RPi2 build) and it built perfectly. I'm trying the imx6 build now. Your scripts are very well done and useful. Cheers!

Pierre