Posts by PRochefort

Good afternoon,

In trying to compile the latest source for LibreElec, I run into an issue. When I try to compile for the Raspberry Pi 4, the compile stops at glib with an error.

I thought it was a problem with the machine I was building on so I started from a fresh install of Ubuntu 21.10. - the machine is a VM so it's not a big deal to setup. The error still occurs.

The error I get seems to imply that too few parameters are passed to the function "close_range" so I did a "Apt update" and "apt upgrade" but it seems to make no difference. The system is already up to date in terms of software or so it tells me.

Here's a bit of the logs of the error:

FAILED: glib/libglib-2.0.a.p/gspawn.c.o

/home/pierre/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -Iglib/libglib-2.0.a.p -Iglib -I../glib -I. -I.. -I/home/pierre/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/include -fdiagnostics-color=always -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Winvalid-pch -std=gnu99 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -Wduplicated-branches -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wmisleading-indentation -Wstrict-prototypes -Wunused -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-bad-function-cast -Wno-cast-function-type -Wno-pedantic -Wno-format-zero-length -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=format=2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=init-self -Werror=missing-include-dirs -Werror=missing-prototypes -Werror=pointer-arith -march=native -O2 -Wall -pipe -Wno-format-security -fPIC -pthread '-DG_LOG_DOMAIN="GLib"' -DGLIB_COMPILATION -MD -MQ glib/libglib-2.0.a.p/gspawn.c.o -MF glib/libglib-2.0.a.p/gspawn.c.o.d -o glib/libglib-2.0.a.p/gspawn.c.o -c ../glib/gspawn.c

../glib/gspawn.c: In function 'safe_closefrom':

../glib/gspawn.c:1497:7: error: too few arguments to function 'close_range'

1497 | if (close_range (lowfd, G_MAXUINT) != 0 && errno == ENOSYS)

| ^~~~~~~~~~~

In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:1204,

from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/sigstksz.h:24,

from /usr/include/signal.h:328,

from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/wait.h:36,

from ../glib/gspawn.c:25:

/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/unistd_ext.h:56:12: note: declared here

56 | extern int close_range (unsigned int __fd, unsigned int __max_fd,

| ^~~~~~~~~~~

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

^[[1;31mFAILURE: scripts/build glib:host during make_host (default)^[[0m

*********** FAILED COMMAND ***********

ninja ${NINJA_OPTS} ${PKG_MAKE_OPTS_HOST}

^[[1;31mFAILURE: scripts/build glib:host has failed!^[[0m

If anyone has any tips they can share on how to get past that, please let me know. This is by no means urgent. ;)

Thank you.

Pierre

P.S.: I have attached the whole log file in case the error comes from somewhere else.

Thank you for this valuable information. I will follow the thread and see if I can make it work. :)

Are you saying you download same sources every day?

VPeter,

Sorry about the long delays in getting back to you.
    No, it's just that from time to time, I clean out the source tree to build from a clean source tree to remove old stuff that shouldn't be there anymore. I guess that I cleaned out the tree at the wrong time. It's working great now. (It may be overkill on my part to wipe the tree and rebuild it all - I'm not the be all and end all of software development, it's more of a hobby than anything)

Thanks
    P.

Good evening,

I routinely download the latest Milhouse build for my Raspberry Pi 3 and I love the builds. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction on how to compile the same build but for the imx6? I like to keep my boxes on the same build.

If this is something that was asked before, feel free to point me to the thread, I didn't find it while searching.

Thank you
    Pierre

Good afternoon,

I'm doing a daily build of LibreELEC and it was working fine but over the last day or two, it looks like my build process is encountering a problem downloading source tarballs from sources.libreelec.tv. It seems that the server is either down or not responding. I thought that maybe something had changed in the source tree and for some reason, my "git pull" wasn't fetching it so I started from a clean source directory to eliminate that possibility but this hasn't helped. I've also checked that the DNS is able to resolve the name to an IP and it does.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Anyone know how to get around this (minor) issue?

Thanks
    P.

Good evening,

If someone figures this out, I'd love to hear how this got solved. I poked around trying to find what could be causing this but my knowledge of the code for LibreELEC is very limited. I tried to compile for the three platforms I have here (RPi2, Imx6 and Odroid C2) and they all seem to end with the same error as well. I got the source out of git, if that helps.

For the time being, it's not s showstopper as I use the tar file to update an existing install.

Thanks
    P.