Code
    <advancedsettings>
      <cache>
        <memorysize>1572864000</memorysize>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <readfactor>10.0</readfactor>
      </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

Everything works great except when I try to run this test HEVC test file. I have the file saved locally on my network and I access it through SMB Share.

jellyfish-110-mbps-hd-hevc.mkv

When I try to play it, Kodi doesn't pre-buffer...it tries to play it right away and the playback is unacceptable. However, if I press pause and let Kodi buffer the whole file, it play super great and looks amazing.

The network going to the NUC is 100 megs. Yes it could be better, but it would be nice to let the file pre-buffer for a while before starting.

Any help?
    Cheers

Edited once, last by VolksDude (February 5, 2017 at 1:14 PM).

• I never have network issues with Generic Intel setups. Perhaps your network port is doing only 100Mb/s? Doublecheck via SSH. Try a different CAT 5e/6 network cable. And remove all cache settings to start over as a default install.

• I never have network issues with Generic Intel setups. Perhaps your network port is doing only 100Mb/s? Doublecheck via SSH. Try a different CAT 5e/6 network cable. And remove all cache settings to start over as a default install.

Network is 100 meg because the switch is 100 megs.
    Shouldn't matter since it should buffer at the beginning so that I don't run out of data in memory...