tvheadend, ATSC and epg...

• Looking at the code on the uk website, it doesn't look like it would work. They use different data structure names on their guide page. The grabber code could be adapted if someone wants to take that on that project.

Doesn't the UK have decent EIT data in the OTA stream? Try using the built in tvh OTA grabber and see if that works for you.

• That's what I use at the moment but it is very erratic with data ok sometimes then only now and next available at other times. There is another service metabroadcast.com for uk could it work with this?

• If you want the best data available...I suggest using schedules direct. For just $25 for the year you really get the most complete listings information available.

Depending on your setup, there are different ways to add schedules diredct to your tvheadend grabbers. I did create an addon for this as well: [WIP] Schedules Direct for Tvheadend addon

Of course, there are other ways to install a schedules direct grabber as well.

As for using metabroadcast.com - every website will have different coding, so my original zap2xml addon will not work with sites other than tvguide.com and screener.com (formerly zap2it.com)

Since it is opnesource - someone can feel free to take my code and make it work with the other sources...my original work was derived from a number of other projects.

Hope that helps!!

• Glad to hear it. I'm working on a addon to configure tvheadend from inside kodi - but feel free to send and issues or suggestions for the sd4tvh addon and I'll try to take them on as I can. :)

• Your zap32xml addon works great. I just starting using it and now I don't have to use my second Pi to download the epg anymore. The only thing I've noticed is that any program with an ampersand in the title shows up as "&" on the kodi program guide.

The weird thing is that it shows up normally on the tvheadend web program guide, but when I record it "&" shows up in the file name. It's not really a big deal, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

• mmmm...that shouldn't happen as it is dealt with in the code. Can you confirm that you are running the 0.6.5 release?

I haven't looked at this addon in awhile (almost done with the beta release of the tvheadend configuration addon) - but I'll see what I can find.

• Something seems to have changed since my last update.

I've taken out the ampersand and apostrophe replacement - which should solve the issue. Please download the updated release and let me know if it solves it for you.

script.module.zap2xml-0.6.6.zip

You will have to reboot after upgrading (and likely reboot a second time after the grabber finishes running) in order to get the kodi guide to refresh.

• Sorry to be so late in replying. Yes I was using the 0.6.5 release. I just downloaded a few days ago. Thank you for looking into the problem. I'll try 0.6.6 first thing in the morning and let you know. Thanks again.

• Ok I installed 0.6.6 and I get this error

2017-07-05 15:07:44.116 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: htsmsg_xml_deserialize error Unknown label referense: "&As;"

2017-07-05 15:07:44.116 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: grab returned no data

I checked the xmltv.xml file from the script.module.zap2xml folder and it did download the epg info and the log file looks ok also.

Edited once, last by hn333 (July 5, 2017 at 10:06 PM).

• OK - I pulled from that zip and I'm not seeing the issue. For example on channel 11.2 I can see "Weather News & Forecasts With Superior Accuracy From Accuweather" correctly displayed in both tvh and kodi.

What version of tvh are you running?

• For me 11.2 only displays correctly on the tvh web UI. I'm running the latest version of LibreELEC with tvh 4.2. I have no illegal addons installed. The only other addons I'm running is yours and the tvh HTSP client. I was starting to wonder if the problem was on my end, now I know. Later today I'll reinstall the whole setup with tvh 4.0 and seeing if the problem persists. Thanks for all your help on this. I'll post back with the results.

• Yeah I'm running LE 8.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3. I'll will give the latest nightly build a try. tvh is a great program but it can be so weird sometimes.