Notification System

• It would be nice to have a notification system implemented into Estuary which could show something like

• New LibreELEC update available (X.X)
    • LibreELEC update (X.X) was successful
    • New addon update for X available (X.X)
    • Addon X got updated from X.X to X.Y [when updated automatically]
    • Addon X update was successful (X.X)
    • Your storage is almost full [which could display the largest folders/addons for example or delete old cache files]
    • Your battery is almost empty

It could also enable addons to push messages to users (if this is a thing) and show some extra info like the clock, weather or some statistics.
    Not really sure if this should get implemented in Kodi or LibreELEC but if you like the idea but are not interested I could request this in the Kodi forums.

• Notifications of new versions of LibreELEC are displayed. If you are using a stable build, a notification will follow when LibreELEC 8.x is available. Updates for alphas, betas and rc's are shown as well when using such builds.
    Notifications of new versions of addons are displayed when addon updates are set to be done manually. Displaying version numbers as well is unnecessary for the majority of users. Version info can always be looked up if necessary.
    Notifications of successful of addons updates are always displayed.

Info such as clock, weather can be enabled in certain skins. Is it useful to permanently see weather info during a video..? Personally, I doubt it. And, which statistics?

Enabling push messages is up to the addons IMO, not the core Kodi system.

Notifications for lack of storage and battery level are things to consider.

Notifications of new versions of LibreELEC are displayed. If you are using a stable build, a notification will follow when LibreELEC 8.x is available. Updates for alphas, betas and rc's are shown as well when using such builds.
    Notifications of new versions of addons are displayed when addon updates are set to be done manually. Displaying version numbers as well is unnecessary for the majority of users. Version info can always be looked up if necessary.
    Notifications of successful of addons updates are always displayed.

I'm not using LibreELEC right now but where can I find these notification if I missed them? AFAICT they show up once and are then gone.

Info such as clock, weather can be enabled in certain skins. Is it useful to permanently see weather info during a video..? Personally, I doubt it.

I made that suggestion to "fill" the notification area. So it would behave and look like a notification center on smart phones.

And, which statistics?

Was thinking about "Since last reboot XX:XX", "Free RAM" etc. I think the better place would be in the LibreELEC settings, but again only made the suggestion to fill the notification center.

Enabling push messages is up to the addons IMO, not the core Kodi system.

So if this is possbile, addons could display their push data like any other notification in Kodi? My basic idea was to have a place where old notification are kept in case the user missed it.

Notifications for lack of storage and battery level are things to consider.

Maybe a battery/storage icon in case the notification idea is bad :D