Posts by Anuskuss

Notifications of new versions of LibreELEC are displayed. If you are using a stable build, a notification will follow when LibreELEC 8.x is available. Updates for alphas, betas and rc's are shown as well when using such builds.
    Notifications of new versions of addons are displayed when addon updates are set to be done manually. Displaying version numbers as well is unnecessary for the majority of users. Version info can always be looked up if necessary.
    Notifications of successful of addons updates are always displayed.

I'm not using LibreELEC right now but where can I find these notification if I missed them? AFAICT they show up once and are then gone.

Info such as clock, weather can be enabled in certain skins. Is it useful to permanently see weather info during a video..? Personally, I doubt it.

I made that suggestion to "fill" the notification area. So it would behave and look like a notification center on smart phones.

And, which statistics?

Was thinking about "Since last reboot XX:XX", "Free RAM" etc. I think the better place would be in the LibreELEC settings, but again only made the suggestion to fill the notification center.

Enabling push messages is up to the addons IMO, not the core Kodi system.

So if this is possbile, addons could display their push data like any other notification in Kodi? My basic idea was to have a place where old notification are kept in case the user missed it.

Notifications for lack of storage and battery level are things to consider.

Maybe a battery/storage icon in case the notification idea is bad :D

It would be nice to have a notification system implemented into Estuary which could show something like

• New LibreELEC update available (X.X)
    • LibreELEC update (X.X) was successful
    • New addon update for X available (X.X)
    • Addon X got updated from X.X to X.Y [when updated automatically]
    • Addon X update was successful (X.X)
    • Your storage is almost full [which could display the largest folders/addons for example or delete old cache files]
    • Your battery is almost empty

It could also enable addons to push messages to users (if this is a thing) and show some extra info like the clock, weather or some statistics.
    Not really sure if this should get implemented in Kodi or LibreELEC but if you like the idea but are not interested I could request this in the Kodi forums.

I don't really care about the DPAD problems in the Kodi GUI to be honest, since I would just start my emulator and in there it works perfectly - I just wanted to mention it since there might be some information I was missing.

I already configured it correctly in System Settings -> Input (which was really tideous since every time I move the controller the SIXAXIS input would be recognized).

The bluetooth menu is fine as it gets it's job done, but it sometimes show double entries, nameless devices without any useful information except MAC adress and looks ugly in comparison to the rest of the UI. It also misses some nice to have features like naming your device, ignoring/hiding devices completely, re-pairing automatically to a my PS4 controller if I connected it with the PS4, automatic USB recognision = connecting a controller via USB and then unpluging it and connecting it via bluetooth).

I will test the standyby settings when I'm home, I hope it is configurable :shy:

Select the Bluetooth device on the Bluetooth menu and select "enable standby"

Sorry for asking but I want to know this and can't test it right now. Will this be configurable or will it use the controllers settings?

Also I don't know who you are, but you seem to be up-to-date with LibreELEC stuff. Do you have any informations if the Bluetooth menu will get an overhaul (like naming devices, ignorining devices etc) or whether my menioned problems with the DPAD are caused by the bluetoothd, bluetoothctl, bluez, kernel or Game Controller addon?

Well fk me, I missed that option. Can't really test it right now because I'm not at home but I think that should work.

On another note, it states that if I enable this option (LE -> Services -> Bluetooth) it will disable in power saving mode. When will the power saving mode trigger and will it work like the PS4 in the sense that it disconnectes all Bluetooth devices like 10 minutes without input? And is it configurable (not the power saving mode but rather the auto disconnect)?

Device: Raspberry Pi 2
    LibreELEC: 7.95.1

I'm currently just using KODI with Advanced Launcher for emulators. Mostly I'm just watching something, but when I have the time I'll play some emulator games, so I plug in my Bluetooth USB dongle. When I go to Settings -> LibreELEC -> Bluetooth, I see that Bluetooth is not enabled. So I run /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd to start the Bluetooth daemon (the Bluetooth menu could use some polishing but that's a diffrent subject).

Why is it that I have to manually start the Bluetooth daemon? It should automatically start when I plug in my Bluetooth dongle. It should also get started on boot if it's connected and automatically get stopped when I unplug the dongle.

P.S. Sometimes when I connect my DS4 (PS4 controller), the DPAD doesn't work or only works if I click DPAD-DOWN. I hope this will get better over time.